Looking to the future..

Options
I'm new here. 26 and weighing in today at 240 at 5ft 3 1/2inches. After my last visit to the gyn it really hit me when she said I really needed to loose about 50 pounds before trying to conceive. I have hypertension, blood sugar issues and occasion moderate to high cholesterol problems and all of that at my age with my family history is NOT good. I have tried tons of fad diets and have even looked into and been evaluated for LapBand surgery but unfortunately have been turned down numerous times by my health insurance. My husband and I are approaching our 1 year wedding anniversary on the 25th of this month and have started really looking into our future. We both are overweight and both really want to start a family. We joined Planet Fitness on April 6th and have started eating alot more healthy. Hoping this site will help me out with support and motivation since he has already started losing and I really haven't. Anyway that's my story and I look forward to reading and using this site!
- Miranda

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Miranda-- you've come to the right place--

MFP is all about making changes to your life forever-- not about fads. It's about learning to eat right, exercise-- take off the weight slowly, responsibly and permanently.

The tools here are incredible-- the people, even better. The love, friendship, support and encouragement here is amazing--

Here's a link to the story of Andrew and Bethany-- a married couple who are members here-- if you can get your husband to do this with you, all the better--

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/85387-news-article-one-of-our-own

Andrew and Beth and I are part of the "black team." Look for our thread-- we're all committed, no nonsense, kick butt and take names-- but, we all started at the beginning just like you-- how do I do this and make it forever?

You can do this--
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Good luck hun. You can do it. Set small easy goals and you will get there!!!:heart::happy:
  • seventeenlucky77
    seventeenlucky77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I think my first goal is going to be 10lbs by May16. I want to start small so I feel really accomplished when I make it there.