How is Lent fasts going?

Options
I only had one day of weakness, so far. That was last week on Wednesday. I gave in and ate 2 small candy hearts. After I gave in it was back on the Lent fast. I lost 1.5 LBs last week.

Replies

• Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Orthodox here, starts March 17 and is terribly strict.
    Vegan with the exception of shellfish only.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I blew the fasting part on Ash Wednesday, but have managed to abstain from meat on Fridays so far. It's only a matter of time before I forget though :indifferent:
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So far, so good! Fasting between sunrise & sunset (Ramadan style) then eating a sensible meal in the evening. But I'm allowing myself sensible drinks during the day . And not fasting on Sundays. I'm a progressive Christian so I'm finding my own way through Lent!
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    ARE. How ARE lent fasts going?
  • theJojoUK
    theJojoUK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So happy to have found this thread.

I've given up meat, processed foods and alcohol for Lent and I'm trying to stick to the kind of foods 'Daniel' and his friends would have eaten. I have however not kept to the fast for the last two Sundays. But I'm going to try to be consistent for the next 23 days left of Lent.
  • pafmarwak
    pafmarwak Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feeling good about my personal Lenten 'Spiritual Renewal' progress. Forgoing several lifestyle habits during Lent: Social media except for MFP and email, no online shopping, no fried food or fast food. No meat on friday. No added sugar or sweets is the toughest because I am a sugar addict. So far I have lost 10 lbs. I am fairly active and do fitness classes, yoga, weight training and half marathon training. Going to church and praying for strength and trusting in God to guide me has helped too.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No candy/desserts or FB here. So far so good! I do have a dessert on Sundays and probably will on St Joseph's feast day (bc those are not days of penitence and I always make my husband homemade Italian cream puffs for "his" feast day). Fasting helps reset my craving for sweets. And fasting from FB = more time to read actual books! Friday abstinence isn't too hard, since I'm vegetarian