C-section belly- did yours go away?

Options

Replies

• nik2710
    nik2710 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections. Last one was in 2008. The one before was 2007. I have only got another 6 lbs to lose. My apron has actually home down and skin tightened. This is because I am doing the 30 day shred. I also got an hernia whilst pregnant, so know it will never be flat but its not hanging.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    @nik2710 I have thinking of trying the 30 day shred for mine, do you love it?
  • joyzeejay
    joyzeejay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had one c-section 13 years ago. I had a poochy tummy and the fat "apron". But, it's all gone (see profile pic). Nothing hangs. I found that the "hanging apron" was the last thing to go. And it's extra fat that keeps it hanging (even if it's a thin layer of fat). As the fat left, so did the hang.

Heavy (for me) weights and running have been the thing for me.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    In the bath tub the other night, I was really noticing the difference in my belly. I still have a long way to go, and I have lost more in my thighs than anywhere else, but it's gradually shrinking. My belly is the only part of my body that I can honestly say I hate. But I have lost 5 inches in my belly and went from a size 24 to a 20. In fact, I found a pair of size 18 "mom jeans" with the elastic band, and I was able to slip them on. But I still had a muffin top, so I will have to lose a little more before I wear them in public.

Maintain a reasonable calorie deficit and have patience. :flowerforyou:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I had a C-section, then a VBAC. Even when I lost weight after my C, I still had the flap. And I still have it today. That's not to say you can't lose yours but I never did. And at my age now, I probably never will. :)
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have 7 children. I had a c-section for Baby B of my twins. Baby A was a quick vaginal birth, but Baby B decided to do his own thing. I still have extra skin and some pooch left over, but it is hugely improved. I need to redo the 30 day shred. I had good results with it the first time. As you can see my stomach is not super small, but comparetively much better.

7542f3c9-8bb2-4ad1-8c2d-19d256d29574_zps6e4eaa19.jpg
    13797116-731a-49d5-972d-ace282c7d7a8_zpsbe7a4239.jpg
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Wow @zephtalah - Awesome.
  • davessweets
    Options
    I had a C-Section 8 and a half years ago. Mine isn't gone but in the past few months I have been pushing the crunches ( reverse, frog leg, regular ect) and also planking it seems to be helping slowly. Going to take alot of work but it will get there :)
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I had a c section september 2010 m stomach is pretty much flat now. I started with jillian dvds then moved to kickboxing and tae bo mixed with some free weights. Feel free to check out my profile or add me
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had a c section in 2010. Mine went away, the abdominal muscles separate during pregnancy. It wasn't until I started working out that it actually tightened up. Slowly ease into working out and watch your carbs. Congratulations!
  • Log_n_Jog
    Log_n_Jog Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had a C-section almost four years ago and I have since lost 50 lbs. My stomach got flatter and firmer but I still have soft, squishy skin on my lower tummy (near the scar). I honestly don't think it will ever go away, but I'm okay with it. I have an amazing daughter to show for it. :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I have 7 children. I had a c-section for Baby B of my twins. Baby A was a quick vaginal birth, but Baby B decided to do his own thing. I still have extra skin and some pooch left over, but it is hugely improved. I need to redo the 30 day shred. I had good results with it the first time. As you can see my stomach is not super small, but comparetively much better.

Holy moly.. 7 kids? Way to go. So inspiring!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I had a vaginal birth followed by c-section... I think I am getting closer to that flap/lower belly fat going away for good. Believe you can do it and you will receive!
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    I had 7 c-sections. I have lost 90 pounds. I have an apron. It has gotten smaller...but it isn't gone. I don't know if this makes a difference but I never had flat abs. I always had a slight pooch. I have about 10 more pounds to go. I hear it takes the skin a while (6 months?) to shrink down once you lose the weight. I will wait a year and then perhaps I will look into a tummy tuck.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i think the skin will always be loose
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning my journey so I am interested in what is said here too. I had my son January 2012 via c-section. I have that "flap" or as I call it, my "tongue". (If you have watched 'Click' with Adam Sandler, you know what I am talking about. lol)

I hope mine can go away. But what bothers me more than the flap is the fat that got shoved up and distorted my stomach while pregnant. It looks very...odd. :/

ETA: Here is a clip of what I am talking about lol -> http://youtu.be/wYVFqKZx0WA
  • raevon85
    Options
    I'm just starting my weight loss but I'm noticing a lot of belly loss. Mine is vertical though so I can't really comment on horizontal scars. Im noticing it is curved in a bit but is definately flattening out
  • carmencbennett
    carmencbennett Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had 2 C-sections. Last one in 2005. I have lost 53 pounds and now wear a size 4. Little pooch is still there, but it was honestly the LAST place I started to lose fat! I probably wouldn't wear a string bikini but I wear form fitting clothes and it's not a problem. I think it will eventually go but it's the last stubborn stronghold of fat!:
  • zephtalah
    Options

Holy moly.. 7 kids? Way to go. So inspiring!

Aww... thanks!
  • zephtalah
    Options
    Wow @zephtalah - Awesome.

Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!