Whoa! Someone lied to me...

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
About Yoga being a stress relief! :laugh: I went for the first time ever today because I have heard so many great things about it. I think once I get the positions down then I can relax and not be so stressed out trying to stand on one hand with my leg twisted in between my arms while breathing in the middle of a hand stand. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It kicked my butt. I was sweating more during this one hour of yoga than I do when I do my cardio (and I do some hard cardio).

I totally loved it though and will be back twice a week! Awesome class.

Does anyone know how many calories a one hour class of regular burns appx?

Replies

• lina1131
    Options
    About Yoga being a stress relief! :laugh: I went for the first time ever today because I have heard so many great things about it. I think once I get the positions down then I can relax and not be so stressed out trying to stand on one hand with my leg twisted in between my arms while breathing in the middle of a hand stand. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It kicked my butt. I was sweating more during this one hour of yoga than I do when I do my cardio (and I do some hard cardio).

I totally loved it though and will be back twice a week! Awesome class.

Does anyone know how many calories a one hour class of regular burns appx?
  • lscotch
    lscotch Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing, Yoga really does kick your butt for the first little while, I assume it might get a little easier as you progress. I remember that my feet physically hurt the from spreading toes, pushing and stretching them the day after my first class- it was a wierd feeling.
  • lina1131
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing, Yoga really does kick your butt for the first little while, I assume it might get a little easier as you progress. I remember that my feet physically hurt the from spreading toes, pushing and stretching them the day after my first class- it was a wierd feeling.

Yes, my feet were hurting me too! I am hoping it will become easier for me. I really liked it.
  • lolakey
    lolakey Posts: 91
    Options
    I've been practicing yoga for a couple of years now. It does get easier. Pretty soon those poses that you dreaded doing start to feel really good. I hated downward dog, but now it's a resting pose for me and I can stay there for a long time comfortably.

Stick with it. The benefits to your body will just keep coming and coming the more your practice.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    It does get easier and hopefully your instructor gives you options for some of the more difficult poses. I know mine does...that way the class works for beginners and for those who have been at it a while.