Odd activities for exercise?

muth3rluvx2
muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
http://caloriecount.about.com/

I found shoveling, spaying, hoeing here along with hauling (wood, dirt, etc) - activities I regularly engage in but "general gardening" is awfully high for weeding and I wasn't sure if it was high enough for digging/hauling.

Replies

• borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Hi I found mowing the lawn on a ride on mower, surely that can't count towards your calorie burn MADNESS!!!!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Hi I found mowing the lawn on a ride on mower, surely that can't count towards your calorie burn MADNESS!!!!

I've never mowed a lawn in my life, but don't you have to lift stuff when using a ride-on mower? It sounds totally ludicrous to me to count something like that, but if you want to count every single calorie going out...
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Try raking the lawn for over 400 calories!:flowerforyou:
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    How big is your lawn, it must be a stately home hehe
    now wheres that rake
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    i'm recently out of plaster from a broken ankle, but i actually found walking with crutches!! lol x
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member

Sure. Riding a motorcycle burns alot too. it's not like driving a car.. there's actually some labor involved in steering those things.

And as far as raking - if you think about it - the activity utilizes just about every muscle group and requires short, rapid bursts of movement with resistence.

Don't knock yardwork. That's some serious labor.
This discussion has been closed.