How do ya'll feel about lemon water?

Options
I've heard lots about the benefits and did some researching for myself but have any of you seen any results from it? Add me for some fitness support!

Replies

• MyBodyMyMachine
    Options
    I don't think you can go wrong with it? Lemon is sort of a natural diuretic and has a lot of vitamin C (?). I do know that you should not refrigerate it, as it makes the diuretic properties go sort of dormant. I like my water with lemon and cucumber once in a while for a refreshing change. Look at it this way, it can't hurt! :-)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Personally, I can't stand the stuff.

Don't get me wrong-- I love them both separately, and I've actually been known to eat half a lemon like an orange.

But when I'm in a restaurant I ask them to PLEASE serve me water WITHOUT lemon.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like the taste. I don't drink it to help me lose weight, though, because it won't.
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    i don't know what the benefits of lemon are in the water but i love drinking ice water with lemon - super refreshing :)
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I like the taste. I don't drink it to help me lose weight, though, because it won't.

^This

You also might like:
    cucumber water or mint water
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I've heard different things. I LOVE lemon water so I drink it often. Usually I use lemon OIL and not the juice. I have heard the oil has many more benefits. It definitely makes me pee a lot more so I think it helps with water retention. I drink it more if I am retaining water.
  • DeeOnAMission
    DeeOnAMission Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am so bad at drinking water. The lemon gives it a taste without adding calories or nasty chemicals, plus it smells great. Its great in the morning.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    It's yummy.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I would never drink lemon water for results and would not even have any expectations about it. I would probably drink it if I get bored of same old water.. I think it would set people up for disappointment.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I like to take some to the gym with me. It's refreshing...that's why I like it. Not sure you reap a whole lot of benefits from it.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I like it but would suggest either using organic lemons or just squeezing the juice of your lemons into the water to avoid a nice dose of unwanted pesticide. Or at the least, wash them well. The water in restaurants usually comes from unwashed lemons, or at least the ones I've worked in over the years.
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I almost always add fresh lemon and/or fresh lime to my water when sitting down for a meal, and I'm in the habit of eating the fruit as well. I also enjoy water with cucumber slices and fresh mint. Water with lemon, lime, or cucumber and mint are my standard beverage choices. Grapefruit and granny smith tart apples are also great options in your water.
  • tiffannynelson1
    Options
    It's known for its cleansing benefits so its best to drink it first thing in the morning before eating anything. Water and apple cider vinegar has been known to help maintain wait and stop bloating.
  • Bigsexy290
    Options
    I dont know the health benefits myself,but i put lemon in my water for a bit of flavor cause i get tired of plain ole water..
  • llama_sammich
    Options
    It's known for its cleansing benefits so its best to drink it first thing in the morning before eating anything. Water and apple cider vinegar has been known to help maintain wait and stop bloating.

Also helps balance your body's pH (good if you're prone to yeast infections).

I loooove lemons in my water. I bring them to work all the time. Supposed to be good for cleaning your bod out, too. I imagine it'd be good to get toxins out of sore muscles...
  • ljcorl
    ljcorl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    where do you buy lemon oil from?
  • catbit
    catbit Posts: 28
    Options
    LOVE IT! It has done wonders for flattening my stomach out some.
  • megdet
    megdet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Delish!! It makes me want to actually drink water when Im in no mood to, but need to.
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I started drinking warm water with lemon after reading this article - http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4769/Why-You-Should-Drink-Warm-Water-Lemon.html

Every morning I boil water than squeeze half a lemon in it. I put it in a travel mug and drink it while I'm walking my daughter to the bus stop. I noticed my stomach feeling much better overall after doing this for a while.
  • hannahpark3r
    hannahpark3r Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just see it as a way to make water more interesting.