Fiber One Cereal

Options
Does anyone know how to make this Fiber One Cereal taste better? I have a whole lot of it left, and i'm a mother of four so I just don't see throwing the cereal away, because money does not grow on trees. lol. I'm not a big cereal eater to begin with because once it gets mushy I don't want it anymore, so what i'll do is put 1/4 of a cup in a bowl with a little bit of milk, then scarf it down. I know it sounds awful when I put it that way. I can't make my kids eat it because they said it looks like little tree branches. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Replies

• ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You can put it in your blender and use it like bread crumb. You can then hide it in all sorts of things - meatloaf, turkey burgers, meat balls, etc. Good luck!
  • khillman77
    Options
    good idea thank you! :smile:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to make this Fiber One Cereal taste better? I have a whole lot of it left, and i'm a mother of four so I just don't see throwing the cereal away, because money does not grow on trees. lol. I'm not a big cereal eater to begin with because once it gets mushy I don't want it anymore, so what i'll do is put 1/4 of a cup in a bowl with a little bit of milk, then scarf it down. I know it sounds awful when I put it that way. I can't make my kids eat it because they said it looks like little tree branches. Any suggestions would be helpful.

AHAHA! I agree, I bought it because of the push on The biggest loser..yummy, looks bad but tastes great! says Bob..LIAR! looks bad tastes even worse..lol...I mix it in with my regular cereal, special K or shreddies..but I tell ya once this box is done, I won't be buying another! Sure it's healthy, but it's not doing my health any good if it's sitting in the cupboard untouched! :laugh: , mind you my daughter loves it :sick:
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    granted, i haven't tried the stuff, but often cardboard cereals like that are best when mixed in with yogurt (to supply the sweet and most of the flavor) and it just gets used to add a bit of a crunch.
  • wmc254
    wmc254 Posts: 2
    Options
    Add a teaspoon or two to regular cereal to boost the fibre content. You don't notice the taste or consistency in such a small amount.
  • csd2583
    csd2583 Posts: 7
    Options
    LOL....you can send it to me! I love the stuff!
    But I admit, I don't eat it by its self. I mix about 4 different healthy cereals together (Kashi, Fiber One, Special K heart Healthy & Raisin Bran) and that's what I have for breakfast. 1/2 cup of my mixed cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk & a handful of blueberries & raspberries (I keep fresh ones frozen in the freezer & pop them in my cereal....keeps it nice and cold! I'm finicky... can't stand milk when it warms up)
    I think this would totally mask the Fiber One completely for you....
  • chrissypoo
    Options
    :laugh:
    dont eat it with milk. eat it dry
  • lovesitbiatch
    Options
    I have the honey clusters one and I think it's amazing! It's so good. I'd say mix it with yogurt like another poster said, drowns out the taste but you're still getting it in!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    My sons eat it dry like chips, lol. But I vote for mixing it with Fiber One Honey Clusters or whatever cereal you decided to eat in its place.
  • khillman77
    Options
    :smile: thanks everyone!
  • donnaleecam
    Options
    I like it!! I have mixed it with nuts and cranberries for trail mix. As someone else said, grind it up. Use it as a breading. Hungry Girl has lots of uses for it!!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    hungry girl has a number of recipes that use fiber one cereal. you might check the website for recipes with fiber one.
    i've got the 200 under 200 cookbook (200 recipes under 200 calories) from hungry girl and it has over a dozen recipes with fiber one in them.
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've found that the honey clusters type is absolutely amazingly delicious and I eat it TOO MUCH!

I'll second the recommendation to use it as bread crumbs.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I have some kind of weird tastes, but I actually really like Fiber One. I like to put it on yogurt with some fruit.
  • khillman77
    Options
    maybe i'll put it in some yogurt I have tons of that :happy:
  • erica9699
    erica9699 Posts: 53
    Options
    Just now getting around to replying to this topic....

Fiber One Cereal is great w/ low-fat chocolate milk. Also, w/ regular milk try "spicing" it up a bit: add just a touch of sweetner of your choice, lots of cinnamon, and about a capful of vanilla extract. YUMMY!!!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I love it. I have it with Vanilla Almond Breeze instead of milk