Coping with 4 pm chocolate cravings

Options
I am OK through the day ... but around 4 pm every day, I have serious chocolate cravings.
My food plan does have room for it, but it's still frustrating to endure.
Does anyone else endure this ... and does anyone have any ideas that work?

Replies

• PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate. But then I run, so I make sure I only eat chocolate on a running day :wink:

I was hit by a 'want' for chocolate yesterday afternoon, probably more boredom than anything, but I had one of those Options low-calorie hot chocolate drinks. They are 'manufactured' kind of thing, and I do try and steer clear of processed foods and drinks, but I figure they don't hurt once in a while as a damage limitation exercise.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I make room for chocolate. I have up to three Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bliss candies every day. Keeps me off the roof.
  • bsandvik39
    Options
    Lucky if it only hits at 4 i crave chotolate when ever my eyes are open. i try to allow for something chocolate toward the end of day love snack pack pudding chocolate cupcake .. 100 calories .. i know some people give it up and i cheer them on i just cant do it
  • heiditracker
    heiditracker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I make a chocolate shake with Vanilla Silk about 10 OZ,, Girardelli unsweetened cocoa powder (1 TBLS), 2 TBLS greek yougurt vanilla or plain (whatever I have, and a heaping TBLS of oatmeal and 1 packet of Stevia. I throw this and about 4 ice cubes in my Ninja and it's amazing!!!!!! It'll satisfy a chocolate or ice cream craving and it's so good for you, very low carbs.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Eating chocolate works for me. :smile:
  • littleblackcar
    Options
    Eat some chocolate. Hershey's Simple Pleasures dark-chocolate filled are 30 calories each and they feel like a big piece of candy.
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    I drink Swiss Miss diet hot choc-25 calories a packet so I have two. Already added mine for later tonight!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Can you have one Hershey's kiss? Or buy some semi-sweet morsels and have a few with almonds? The hot chocolate idea sounds good, too!
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I have just one square of Lindt dark chocolate w/ sea salt... so good and one piece is enough.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Here's my philopsophy on cravings. If you are craving something, eat it. This isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. So, while you probably shouldn't eat a while bag of hershey kisses, 1 or 2 isn't going to kill you. I am eating Paleo which calls for no sugar, dairy or grains. I am fine cutting out the dairy and grains but I need a little chocolate to get me through the day. So the trail mix I eat has milk chocolate and peanut butter chips in it along with nuts and dried fruit. It takes care of my cravings while staying sorta Paleo.
  • OGHONEY
    OGHONEY Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the 25 cal hot choc works for many. How about buying the 100 calorie bags of oreo cookies (all choc) or the Fiber One brownies (120 cal).
    Plan your calorie intake daily or every other day to include this-burning 150 calories makes room for it.
    Having it at your disposal is 1/2 the battle --just seeing it doesnt mean you'll eat it.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate Hershey's kisses. Only 25 cals each!! I let them melt on my tongue and last a little longer!!:laugh:
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I've been munching on cocoa nibs lately. Cocoa nibs are cocoa beans that have been roasted, separated from their husks and broken into smaller pieces. Cocoa nibs can be eaten as a snack or added to backed goods and other dishes for added crunch and chocolaty flavor. These flavorful little pieces also have great nutritional value.
  • NearlyJen
    NearlyJen Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, kept in the fridge. 32 chips, which is more than enough to satisfy, is 70 calories. Yum.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    A life with out chocolate is a life I have no desire to live.

My secret to being able to eat portions of it is letting is slowly dissolve in my mouth. I will try to get one really good bar at Whole Foods and eat 3 squares of it then I am done.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Make room, and have some chocolate. I just had 15 M&Ms.. sounds ridiculous, but it feeds the craving and fits in my calories.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Each morning I would drop one or a couple (depending on the calories) chocolates into your purse for 4pm. Don't keep the bag there.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Personally, I just eat some chocolate. I typically prefer some good, dark, chocolate. But I just had a mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cup since that sounded good today. :)
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, kept in the fridge. 32 chips, which is more than enough to satisfy, is 70 calories. Yum.

I do this too...I eat .5-1 serving of chocolate chips a day, I just fit it in. Sometimes, I eat a few at a time and sometimes I eat the whole serving at once. I just weight it out beforehand and make sure I track it.
  • carissawhitworth
    Options
    no guilt choc shake!!!! half a banana, coco powder, almond milk, ice and pumpkin pie spice its DELISH you can also add protein powder or greek yogurt for a meal replacement type thing. I love it!!