Half Marathon NSV!!

Options
I ran my first half last Sunday. I am happy with 2:16. How about you, how did you do? Or are you planning a first one?

Here is the rest of the story if you care to read it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dsjohndrow/view/the-day-the-music-died-13-1-496697

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I know a lot of hard work went to getting you there so well done sir. And your blog is great.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    woohoo! so proud of you! you really have come a long way this past year or so!
  • glassxxballerina
    Options
    Great job! I did my first one in August 2012. Didn't train a whole lot for it because I was focusing on bricking workouts for triathlon training. I finished in 2:30, mainly due to humidity and lots of hills, which I had to walk up most of towards the end due to a torn hamstring that still hasn't healed. :( And I threw up a lot afterwards so it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Hoping to do another one this summer and I'd like to finish around 2:00 even.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Congrats!! I am sure you put a lot of hard work into that goal
  • dkmilton
    dkmilton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I completed one in 2010 and my time was 2:19! I am working hard to get back into running shape since after the half I pretty much stopped exercising and then school/work/planning a wedding took over! I have since taken things back into my hands and am working hard to loose some weight then get back into running again! Congrats on your first half!
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!