Weight Loss Plateau?

Options
So I did a lil' search on weight loss plateau on the MFP forum but none had an answer I wanted. Most people say they haven't been losing anything for 2 weeks, but I haven't been losing anything for 3 months. I'm 5'5 female teenager. I weigh 157 pounds and lost 13 pounds since August. When I first started losing weight, I ate 1430 calories a day and went to the gym or did the Tamilee Webb Weight Loss CD which is a 30 minute program. I was losing weight, but very slowly - which I don't mind. I calculated at the rate I was going I might be 140 by the summer-time, which is my goal weight. Well, I haven't been losing anything for 3 months now. Is it because I decreased by total calorie intake to 1200? I do weights, zumba, and dancing. Believe me, its not the muscle I'm gaining because I measure myself too. I'm getting really frustrated now that I won't be 140 by the summer-time. I'm actually thinking of dieting, which isn't something I want to do. I believe in the "lifestyle change," which is eating six small healthy meals a day., something I'm already used to, rather than following a one-month diet or whatever. What do I do? I'm getting discouraged already.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You're already extreme dieting if you've cut your calories to 1200. You don't say if you're eating your exercise calories back. A healthy 18 yr old girl would never have a BMR of anything close to 1200.
  • kukspuks
    Options
    You don't say if you're eating your exercise calories back.

No, I don't. I just eat 1,200 calories a day and exercise for 1.5-2 hours. So should I return to the 1,400 calorie diet? Would this make me start losing weight again? Thanks.
  • jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. The last 2 wks I have started losing again. For me it could be 2 factors. I drink 12 glasses of water a day and I have green tea in the evening. Don't really know if it's that or not but take it for what it's worth.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    You are definitely eating too little if you only eat 1200, workout almost 2 hours a day, and don't eat exercise calories back. You should do a metabolism reset probably go find the thread here "in place of a roadmap" or join the group "eat, train, progress" to help you change your calorie goals. 1400 might be too low as well...