Bodybugg vs GoWear Fit

dalebarnes
dalebarnes Posts: 2 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I was at a spin class at my gym today and the instructor was telling me she swears by her BodyBugg. I came home and did some research. Bodybugg and GoWear Fit are made by the same company, but GoWear is less expensive. Does anyone use either of them? Any recommendations? I appreciate any input. Thanks.

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    I'm curious about this as well!
  • mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member
    I was looking up the bodybugg just to see what all the hype is about. It says that it can monitor your heart rate, conductivity (sweat), and temp for around $250 for the apparatus and then eventually you have to pay a monthly fee for an undisclosed reason. I never looked up the gowear fit, but I would suggest just getting a heart rate monitor. Your heart rate is not going to go up without your temp increasing or sweating, and the monthly fee thing floors me. If you have the money to spend, I'm sure it's a fun new toy. I prefer just to pay for the gym.
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    I don't have one, but am seriously considering getting one. The initial cost is not that much more than a high quality HRM. The pros to a BodyBugg/GoWearFit is that it monitors your quality of sleep, calories burned in daily activity,exercise, food intake, etc, etc. They are waaaaayyyy more involved than a simple HRM. The reason there is a monthly fee involved is to access the data, website, etc to track all your intakes, results, etc. It's far from being a toy, but is an exceptional tool in the journey toward weight loss, fitness and good health! If you have the money to invest, I say go for it! Sorry I don't know which is better or why the cost difference, but everyone I know who has one says it is the best investment they've made!
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Question? With the bodybug, do you have to download into the computer before you see the data?
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    You might want to check out FitBit.
This discussion has been closed.