Day 1 of P90X

Sweatin
Sweatin Posts: 18 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Today was day one of P90X for me, I'm doing the lean version. Those of you who are doing P90X, how do you record this for your exercies?

Replies

• taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Congratulations on getting through Day 1!!! You'll really enjoy the workout. What's your goals with the program? Are you following the nutritional guide as well?

As for recording the workouts on MFP, I would suggest logging them in via Cardiovascular, that way you can track your calorie expenditure, as I presume that's what you are looking to do?

Do you wear a HRM?

I start my 4th round on P90X tomorrow!! I love the program.
  • Hi,
    My brother was telling me that you burn between 600 and 750 calories every time you do p90x so i just made one that is 600 to be safe! I am on my 3rd day of the lean. Goodluck and stick with it.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Hi,
    My brother was telling me that you burn between 600 and 750 calories every time you do p90x so i just made one that is 600 to be safe! I am on my 3rd day of the lean. Goodluck and stick with it.

That's not entirely accurate. Your brother may, but that doesn't mean you, myself or anyone else will burn that much or little. There are so many contributing factors to how many calories one will burn with any sort of workout. Rest heart rate, age, weight, height, fitness level, sex, body fat %, etc.

The best way to really gauge how much YOU are burning, is to get a HRM that is specific to your body stats.

I don't mean to throw you down, I just didn't want anyone to get any false expectations and to assume they will burn this much in 60 mins, as I often don't get over 450-500 on some of the P90X cardio workouts. Everyone is different.
  • Sweatin
    Sweatin Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks for the info.I will be getting a HRM I think that will be very helpfull.I think I recorded it in the aerobics-high intensity, I had no idea. Im doing the lean version. Did day 2 today which was the Cardio. I found it to be alot easier than I expected, I even did Brazil Butt Lift Cardio after. Day 1, royal kicked my butt though.
This discussion has been closed.