Insanity and TDEE

Options
Hey gue and gals. I'm doing insanity and when I looked into the nutrition book and according to them I have to eat over 3000 calories to lose weight.. I think that's a bit... Much lol.

I started off eating at 1500 but I can't help but think maybe that isn't right. Should I eat at my BMR and workout or should I follow insanity's calories?

What are some of your experiences with this, how many calories did you eat and what results did you get?

Replies

• holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity Asylum all the way through, then the original Insanity twice, toned up like no other, but didn't lose an lb b/c I ate so much!!! I recommend 1800-2000 each and everyday if you stick to the workout sched. that came with it!! Don't let yourself free feed because the workouts are CRAZY and can work up a huge appetite- but in the same sentence I have to say DO NOT cut too low because -lol- the workouts are CRAZY.

My best Insanity advice overall is to stick with it. go into it with the mindset that you are going to do it no matter what. It is crazy and you will probably fall over yourself, and spend time as a heap on the floor...but stick with it!!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Well, I decided to try out the eating equations and variables and compare it one week to the next, with weigh ins on Sunday. Eating more I lost little, eating less I lost a ton. Week 1 I ate a higher amount as well as a lot of burned calories back, lost 1.3. Lowered my eating bar for week 2 eating none to very little burned calories back, lost 6.7 that week.

Speaks for itself.
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat more than 1500 - with the workouts burning AT LEAST 300 you wouldn't even get to the bare minimum of 1200 net a day. But, you're right I think 3000 is too high. I'd say try eating 1900ish for a couple weeks and see how that works for you.

Edit: I just finished Insanity and I ate about 1700 a day, making my net around 1500. However, my goal was not to lose weight but rather to just be more toned.