No desire to eat!

Options
rayneenie
rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
I find that lately I am only eating cause I have to. When I wake up I have little to no desire to eat at all, I do not feel hungry and could really care less if I ate anything. I have been forcing myself to eat in order to even get a fraction of my calories in. However once I force myself then I start craving icecream, chocolate, and other such sweets. I was wondering if maybe there are any suggesstions on how to handle this situation.

Replies

• rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I find that lately I am only eating cause I have to. When I wake up I have little to no desire to eat at all, I do not feel hungry and could really care less if I ate anything. I have been forcing myself to eat in order to even get a fraction of my calories in. However once I force myself then I start craving icecream, chocolate, and other such sweets. I was wondering if maybe there are any suggesstions on how to handle this situation.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    This may get to be controversial but here's my input. First I have to ask if you are in a newly or recurring stressful situation? If this is the case often the body just shuts down until the stress is lifted (divorce, death, etc. are examples even though extremes).

As long as you're eating healthy and you have no medical conditions I wouldn't worry. If your body is satisfied and all seems otherwise alright maybe you should just let it ride for a little while. Your body will kick in and demand some food but you're going to have to be very much in control because of the high probability that you will be driven toward the worst things to eat when this happens.

Just to let you know that this isn't as uncommon as you think -- assuming it's not a stress or medical condition -- and for me there have been a few days where a bowl of cereal for breakfast, a salad for lunch and an apple for dinner have been my daily input. However the next day my body sure let me know that it made a mistake and it kicked my butt into gear.

Hang in there and if this persists contact your doctor. :flowerforyou:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem I only eat a small breakfast then I try to follow up all of these other things to keep me from thinking about eating more.
    I don't really buy any sweets or junk food and if it does make it in my house I put it out of my sight, high in the cupboards or in the drawer in my fridge, I only keep sugarfree fudgescicles in my freezer.
    Also I find if I keep mostly foods that I have to cook to eat then I have to really be hungry in order to cook it. I do eat 5 or 6 times a day though most of it is low calorie. I usually eat a smaller breakfast then follow it up a couple hours later by coffee.
    Also if I make a routine for myself and stick with it I find myself eating breakfast coffee and lunch at the same time every day and get all of my cleaning done and get playtime/learning time in with my kids. It takes the focus off food for me.