Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

IIFYM.com

Anyone know how accurate this site is for calculating BMR and TDEE? Just curious as it was posted in another topic and although I love that you can put in your actual time of activity instead of just marking "lightly active-exercise1-3 hours/week" or "moderately active-3-5 hours/week" etc., it shows me about a 200 - 400 (depending if I put no exercise or exercise) difference than the other sites like fat2fit, or scooby. Just wondering what others thoughts were on this site for accuracy for figuring out BMR and TDEE.

This is the site in case you needed the link...

iifym.com/tdee-calculator

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    It's the one I use. It's easier to trust (for me) than choosing from a short list of vague activity levels. I bumped my calorie goal up by 300 or so from what it was at and no longer track exercise. It's quite liberating, and I'm not very hungry anymore. And I'm losing weight.

As to how it compares with other sites, well, I don't know. Like I mentioned, I found it tough to determine my activity level with such a small number of generic choices, so I didn't really use them.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Ya, that's just it! The other sites are so vague for activity and everyone is different from the amount of sleep they get to actual day to day activity.If this site is accurate then I'm burning more calories than I originally figured out using the other sites. Ugh...why can't they all be the same to make figuring all this out easier. Like you Bacon, I don't count my exercise calories...i log them but don't count them...and am slowly trying to move up to my TDEE-15-20% because I wasn't eating enough and I'm getting close to my goal weight. But, it's kind of hard to figure out when all these sites are different kwim?
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    I found it to be too high for me based on my experimenting with it and the adjustments I had to make. I could have just been picking the wrong activity levels though to begin with