Binged today! What should i do?!?

Options
I binged during dinner today. My total calories for today are 2700.

It was not fast food, but random bad food at home (cereal, cheese, bread, etc.). I have burned about 350 calories today working out and i plan on working out again tonight.

Should I eat only fruits tomorrow or something to counteract it? I know that it was bad, and there is nothing i can do about it now, but if there is something I can do to stop it from making an effect on my weight loss[, please let me know!?!?!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Go to bed.

Tomorrow will be like any other day and you will eat healthy and do a normal workout.

And all will be good.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    This has been me many times (ahem, weekends). I would just counteract it with a lower calorie day tomorrow - nothing drastic. And get some exercise!
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You are already doing it. Best thing, for me, is to just get back on the wagon and not to wallow in guilt. For me, feeling guilty just makes me want to eat more. Psycologically it can really get to me, if I let it. You ate too much today. Well, tomorrow is a new day. Hang in there.
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Those days are bound to happen =] Don't beat yourself up over it. Use it to your advantage -- motivation!
  • SexyPrettyMama
    Options
    Everybody deserves a break from it all. Chill and get back to the grind tomorrow. ;-)
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Don't let it turn in to a binge week and you'll be ok. The worst effect a binge can have is when "starting over tomorrow" becomes "starting over the next day" or "starting over next week."

In fact instead of tomorrow you should think of it as starting over right now, and not continue the binge for the rest of the night. Not that you were planning on it, that's definitely happened to me though.
  • spartans1958
    Options
    Today is done, you start over new everyday. Just go forward. We all make mistakes:smile:
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The other night I overate by 700+ cals, and it WAS bad food: two big muffins to be exact. I felt bad. But the sun still rose the next day regardless. Think of it this way: this is life. Some days, you might have an extra scoop of ice cream or miss a workout. Stressing over it might actually affect you worse than the actual excess calories you ate. Just start again tomorrow :)
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Eat normal. Assuming your normal calorie goal is 1500, you only ate 900 above it (taking out the exercise). That's 1/4 lb less you'll lose. No biggie!
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Start fresh tomorrow!! we all have slip ups now and then...the key is to get refocused in the morning. Good luck!!
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't cut back calories on the next day, but personally I would try to eat only healthier items (less processed junk). I would also maybe workout a little harder/longer. Other than that, it is what it is and you can't take it back. Just try to be better the next time :)
  • lolly2721
    lolly2721 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Start over fresh tomorrow and try not to binge again. You can do this!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    First of all, 2700 over the day is not a binge. People who truly binge often eat 1000+ calories in one sitting. They are out of control and are usually triggered by some sort of stressor. The eat until they are full and then continue to eat.

You overate, you did not binge.

Second, 2700 for the day isn't really that big of a deal. Do NOT starve yourself tomorrow because that will just lead to more overeating. Just get back to your normal, healthy diet. Just like you won't lose weight in a day, you won't gain weight in a day either.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Just get back to things tomorrow. There is nothing you can do to change the past, all you can do is do better in the future.

Edit:
    I just looked at your profile, as an 18 year old female 2700 calories is not that high. I would guess your maintenance calories are not to far below that and may even be that high or higher.
  • ocragal
    ocragal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You've lost 9 pounds -- that is amazing! Stop beating up on yourself. This is an excellent opportunity to look at how you took the hook and decided to binge. Maybe journal about it, assess your feelings. Were you feeling deprived? sad? truly hungry? Today was a learning day, so be nice to yourself and thankful that you've gleaned clarity around why it happened. And tomorrow will be another healthy eating and fitness day as you continue on your journey to the next big milestone -- 10 pounds. Way to go!!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Go to bed.

Tomorrow will be like any other day and you will eat healthy and do a normal workout.

And all will be good.
    what she said ;-) today is done and tomorrow is another day. One day isn't the problem it never was. good luck and don't beat yourself up over this
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    First of all, 2700 over the day is not a binge. People who truly binge often eat 1000+ calories in one sitting. They are out of control and are usually triggered by some sort of stressor. The eat until they are full and then continue to eat.

Second, 2700 for the day isn't really that big of a deal. Do NOT starve yourself tomorrow because that will just lead to more overeating. Just get back to your normal, healthy diet. Just like you won't lose weight in a day, you won't gain weight in a day either.

How do you know how much of the 2700 was in one sitting? My goal is 1200, so ideally about 7-800 is consumed before dinner time. It isn't out of the question that she did have 1000+ in one sitting.
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options

This ^^^ Exactly. Even if you overate by up to 1000 cals, that's not even up to half a pound. And as long as it doesn't become a regular thing, this isn't automatically going to affect your waistline
  • blondemom1979
    blondemom1979 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move forward, tomorrow is a new day :D