Stronglifts 5x5 Success Stories

dixiewhiskey
dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
I plan on incorporating this program in my regular workout routine and am looking for inspiration!

Post photos and success stories with Stronglifts 5x5!! :happy:

Replies

• iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    I would like to see some, too! I've only seen 2-3 before/after SL photos since I've been here :/
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 263 Member
    I am interested in this also. Thinking I would like to start. So bumping for interest.
  • mc54iznit
    mc54iznit Posts: 26 Member
    i didn't do stronglifts per say, but i did start out with a very similar 3 day full body compound focused program. After a couple of months i went to a push/pull/leg split.

iDQYMUml.jpg

building a strength base is definitely worth it imo, just make sure you're getting enough protein and calories.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    I have been doing strong lifts for 3 months now and absolutely love it. I just did a big thread on my 3 months. You can find it here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/906502-3-months-stronglifts-5x5

But heres the pics from start to 3 months. More of them in my thread.

gzDU8rvl.jpg
  • RunDoozer
    bump
  • dixiewhiskey
    I remember seeing yours RunDoozer! You look great! Same with you mc54iznit!!

All results welcome - especially ones from the ladies out there!
  • RunDoozer
    Surprised we're not seeing more. I know theyre out there I've seen quite a few.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    I'm starting on Monday (just finishing off C25K tomorrow). I'll take a pic this weekend and go from there.
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    I am finishing up my fourth round of P90X and beginning to integrate stronglifts into my workout plan. I can feel the difference already.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    I'm due for pictures on Saturday. Tagging the post. I've only done two months, and I'm at the beginning of my weight loss journey, so not really a success, but progress at least. :smile:
  • dixiewhiskey

Me too! I'm excited to see more results.. I need the courage to get the barbell off the squat rack and just do the damn thing! :laugh:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Like I said, I'm not a success, because I just have so much weight to lose, but here are my progress pics so far after 2 months of strong lifts and eating at a 30% deficit:

Februarycomparisonfront_small_zps0e5085fc.jpg
    Februarycomparisonside_small_zpsc3788a95.jpg

Squats: 75lbs (I hurt my knee with squats, so I've been adding weight VERY slowly)
    Bench: 80lbs
    Rows: 75lbs
    OHP: 52.5lbs
    Deads: 155lbs
  • RunDoozer
    Like I said, I'm not a success, because I just have so much weight to lose, but here are my progress pics so far after 2 months of strong lifts and eating at a 30% deficit:

Squats: 75lbs (I hurt my knee with squats, so I've been adding weight VERY slowly)

Totally a success. You look much better. Yea sure youre not "finished" but that doesn't mean that you're not a success!
  • RunDoozer
    Bump
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member

they're all too busy lifting.

folks... go write your own success stories. don't wait to see someone elses results.
  • dixiewhiskey

they're all too busy lifting.

folks... go write your own success stories. don't wait to see someone elses results.

Threadkiller.. I've got plenty of success stories. Nothing wrong in asking people who have added this program to their fitness regime to post pics. Your commentary wasn't required. Thanks!
  • dixiewhiskey

Nice job!! I think this is a success regardless of where you want to be!! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member

this is the definition of success - you have done awesome, keep it up
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    My eating has been 'um somewhat less than disciplined, basically at around maintenance, so there's not much fat loss, or visual difference, but there has been definite strength increase (which is what the program is for).

20127619_7863.jpg20127619_9564.jpg
  • julialou1979
    julialou1979 Posts: 54 Member
    I'd been following NROLW for six months before switching this past month to train for a half marathon. I miss the squat rack! I still lift heavy at least once a week, but won't be serious about it again until after May. No pics for you, but with NO attention to my diet, I still saw results. Oh, and my years of f'd up back issues cleared up. Get in that squat rack! You won't regret it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!