Options
Hey everyone, I'm a 26 year old just trying to get my body back in order! I just joined mfp today and I officially start my calorie counting and excercising tomorrow. I'm hoping this site will help me from overeating and I think being able to track my progress will help as well. Hopefully I'll make some friends on this site too. Good luck to you all!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• KESaylor
    KESaylor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello chug8:
    I joined a few moments before you did! I am a 44 y.o. woman who has 42 pounds to lose. I am also looking for friends on MFP who are on the same journey. I hope to be of encouragement to you. I will also start tracking my food and exercise tomorrow.
    Sincerely,
    KESaylor
  • chug8
    chug8 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi KESaylor,
    Thanks for responding to my post. I have about 50 lbs to lose and when I say that it seems so far out of reach. I'm just going to try and take it one day at a time and try to stay motivated to get to the gym everyday. I hope to give you some encouragement too if you ever need it!
  • PamelaJoy
    Options
    I joined 3 days ago and I finally got my 8 glasses of water in today. I have about 60 to 70lbs to loose, I am almost 50 and I don't know what my final weight will be.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hey all you new people! I'm an old-timer: 1 month on this site. :happy: I hope you find MFP to be as helpful as I have. The food and exercise pages have databases, so you can hunt for different foods and exercises and even add new ones, if they are not on the lists and you have all the nutrient or exercise info. The fellow members on this site have all been very supportive. Enjoy and I hope you lose exactly as much weight as you plan on. I always remember that a pound a week seems so slow, but it equals 52 lbs in a year. Have fun!
  • Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think that you will love this site, i joined a few months back when i realized it was time to loose the baby weight. Its been a great site to track your calories and actually see what you are eating, the first few days i couldnt belive how high the calorie count was on the food i was eating it has really helped me to figure out the foods i should be eating and enjoy them! Good luck to you :)
  • Newfunlander
    Newfunlander Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome ! I have been here for a while and love it. The people are so helpful and supportive and the tools are amazing ! I hope you love it here as much as I do ! Best of luck on meeting your goals ! :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hi Chug8!! :bigsmile:

This site is fantastic, your gonna love it and it will help you loads.
    I joined in january when I bought my iphone and have been hooked since!!

The site is brilliant for loosing weight, building fitness and improving health. I still am surprised from time to time of the calories in some foods, though I've been watching my weight for over 20 years. :sad:

I'm sure it seems like you have a lot of weight to loose today and you may feel the goal is beyond your reach but I want to reassure you that you can do it with the information, help and support this site offers. There are people here who have lost 50lbs and double that too!!
    There is so much good advice available and it's so easy to keep focused once your involved.
    The only thing you have to do is keep at it and you will get there.

Never give up :wink:

I wish you all the best with your goals and am here to help if I can at all :flowerforyou:

Mel :smile:

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi to the newest batch of newbies! Welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also under "Community", then "Weight Loss and Healthy Living", then "general diet and weight loss help", and then check out the first few threads. They'll REALLY help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Just the word "diet" would make me cringe and set me up for failure. :grumble: It meant depriving myself of all the "good stuff" out there, and as a result, I'd only last just so long, (maybe a few weeks if I was lucky!) and then I'd "cave" and go right back to eating all those "goodies" again! :embarrassed: :cry: But, MFP ISN'T a "diet". :noway: It's a "lifestyle change". :smile: (When I first read that, I said "Ya, SURE it is!", thinking that it WAS just another diet. :grumble: But, it wasn't! :noway:)
    The main reason that I've managed to lose the weight that I wanted to is because I HAVE been able to eat "real/good" foods. :bigsmile: (Not Slim Fast or any other easy, quick, fad "wacko" diets!:noway: ) Through MFP I learned that I just needed to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time! :wink: ) As long as I do that, I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade ice-cream! :love:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. :noway: For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!:wink: ) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria") :love: :happy:
    It's free, (unlike a gym!:grumble: ) fun, :smile: and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
    MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! :love: :happy: Give it a chance, and it WILL work for you too! :smile:
  • spicylemon
    Options
    I agree with all of you! :) Im new here, and I absolutely love this site
    it makes it so much easier
    to stay focused and stay motivated.
    so ready to burn those calories!!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    This site is great. It really helps. Add me as your friend! I am close to 50 pounds lost! I know this site works.
  • chug8
    chug8 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    thank you so much for all of your replies and words of encouragement. It feels good to know that this site has worked for all of you. My friend and i joined a gym together thinking it would make us go if we went together and no, she never goes with me. so I feel better knowing that there are people out there struggling like me. Thanks again.
  • BQJohns
    BQJohns Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, everybody. I am also new. My youngest son turned 3 last month, and I realized I weigh more now that I did when I was pregnant! Not a good feeling. I also have a friend who is supposed to keep me motivated, but it hasn't worked as well as I had hoped. I have lost 5 pounds so far, so hopefully this will help keep me on track. I would be happy to have some friends here that will help keep my mind focused on where I want to go. Good luck everyone!
  • deana_lynne
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also new and so far I really like this site, everyone is so friendly and helpful! Feel free to add me!!
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome one and all and good luck :)