Smoothies

Options
babydbones
babydbones Posts: 135 Member
anyone have any good NON banana smoothies? i'm not having much luck making one i like. I like the ones at planet smoothie :) but man, those are pricey and I want to make my own! TIA

Replies

• Natasha_Lynn
    Natasha_Lynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Half an apple, half a mango, half a banana, one orange, and a cup of ice. This is called Mango Delight from the Vitamix cookbook. Just made this last night for hubby. He loved it :) Oh sorry just noticed you don't want bananas in your smoothies lol! Oops ;)
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love smoothies. I take strawberries, blue berries and maybe blackberries and raspberries add some water and blend away. I also recently added plain Greek yogurt about a cup. A little tart with the yogurt. check it out. Let me know what you think.
  • Natasha_Lynn
    Natasha_Lynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also, I love to blend frozen banana and mango together for "ice cream." It's delicious.
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Here are some that I like:
    Berry Smoothy
    1 cup berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
    1 cup almond unsweetened milk (30 calories)
    1 scoop protein powder (vanilla)
    1 Tbsp. chia seeds
    1 Tbsp flax seeds
    1 8 oz glass of ice

Pumpklin Smoothy
    1 cup pumpkin
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp pumpkin pie mix
    1 tsp. coconut sugar
    1 cup almond unsweetened milk (30 calories)
    1 8oz glass of milk

I have them eveery morning for breakfast and think they are great!
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I like to mix about half a cup of pumpkin, a pinch of ground cloves, ginger, and nutmeg, and about a cup of milk.

I also like combining half an avocado, half a cup of milk, half a cup of mango juice, and a pinch of sea salt. The salt really brings out the flavour in the avocado, I find.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump