Intake Question

Options
So I've been reading through the threads trying to piece everything together and I just want to make sure that I've gotten this correct. I am 20 years old, 170 pounds, with a low activity level (I'm a student and exercise 3 days/week average).. I calculated my TDEE and accordingly I should be eating 2221 kcal/day. I subtracted 500 kcal because I want to lose weight; this gives me 1721 kcal/day.

So should I replace the goal that mfp gave me (1640-ish) with the 2221 or the 1721?

Since I am a student, is my walks to and from class included in that activity factor or should I manually add that through the exercise tab like everything else?

Also, do I eat back the calories from exercising?

Thank you!

Replies

• hannahjay1994
    hannahjay1994 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you think you can comfortably eat your current MFP goal and not be malnourished or uncomfortable I'd keep it, you'll probably reach your goals faster :) And as for eating what you burn in exercise, I try and not take it into account because it feels a little counterproductive to up my intake when I exercise (unless of course you feel you need the extra energy for it or you're hungry) x