Anyone Else Addicted to Work Out Gear?

Options
124»

Replies

• Rels14
    Rels14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love workout clothes ---I mean we are women and love clothing and shopping, so I am sure it doesn't matter the type of clothing we are shopping for. I am reasonably addicted -- within reason. :) My husband and I bought a lot of quality workout gear -- which includes many of the things that you mentioned in your post. We were due for an updated workout wardrobe because it has been several years since we made purchases for those items. However, I will say that we were fiscally responsible the purchasing of our new wardrobe. We went to the outlets in Georgia during a holiday weekend -- President's Day. First off the outlets are already cheaper than the regular stores, and they had additional sales due to the holiday weekend. So, if you have the time, money, and geographic location to go to the outlets, then that is where you should go from now on to make large purchases. They had Under Armour, Reebok, Nike Factory and Adidas outlets -- I got 3 pairs of shoes, socks, 3 pairs of livestrong drifit pants, and 8 shirts, and 4 tanks tops all for less than $200.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    The staff at ****'s and I know each other well :wink: --- but I am mostly a shoe ho... any asics/adidas/Saucony in pink
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Most definitely. Planning on more once my ideal is reached. ;)
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!!!!!!

Mommie_Dearest.jpg

I love it. HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • astral303
    astral303 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have come to associate workout gear with being healthy and being fit. So I have a lot of it and I am always on the look out for something that might be good... even though I don't REALLY need more.

At some point, I had to switch to wearing compression shirts for all my longer runs because of nipple chafe. So that was a whole 'nother set of clothes purchased and old running tech tees mostly retired.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I love buying cute new workout clothes!
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love work out gear, but refuse to spend a lot of money on items that I am hoping will not fit me in a few months--especially when there are plenty of more affordable options. I have a good amount of Champion from Target and Old Navy Active. I also have some Nike and Adidas in rotation, as well as GapFit, but I never pay full price for those.

When I reach goal, I plan on splurging on some higher-quality clothing.
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If I could afford it I would buy way more! I get all my professional clothing from GW Boutique (aka. Goodwill) but they don't have much in the way of workout gear. I really love the moisture-wicking sports bras that come in 2-packs at Walmart honestly. I work out at home anyway so I have no one to look cute for but myself! :P I will spend good money on quality athletic shoes though.

This I understand. If I worked out at home I would probably do it naked :bigsmile: Ok maybe wearing underwear..
    I go to a new and hip gym so it's nice to look like a superstar while working out haha. Why not look good while sweating right?
    Jewelry and make-up are also a must lol :bigsmile:

Oh gosh LOL...if I wear makeup during my workout I break out SO bad. I have to wash my face before and after. Actually the other day I went to work out and had forgotten to buy an external DVD-rom, so I made a quick run to Walmart...forgetting that I had my bun on the top of my head and acne cream on my face! OMG, embarrassing when I got back in the car and realized why the cashier was staring at me like that.

Usually I just wear shorts or leggings and a sports bra to work out. Then I can check myself out in the mirror. :bigsmile:

Hahaha embarrassing indeed! I don't think it's possible that I could do that. I would never leave my apartment without checking in the mirror how I look. :bigsmile: But I have done other embarrassing things lol. You just gotta laugh at yourself sometimes!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I've become slightly obsessed with buying new work out clothes. I finally feel comfortable in wearing slightly tight compression pants/ yoga pants. Before I never really cared and wore the really ratty sweatpants and T-shirts.. now I'm trying to be slgihtly more styleish. :)
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    Workout gear is expensive. I like UA a lot but I can't afford to drop that kind of money so I buy what I need when I need it, and when it's on sale.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I'd rather spend that money on actual work out gear, as in equipment.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    i am LOL big time I have at least 12 pairs of workout bottoms Bia Brazil plus other brands , about the same amount of quality tops, I have lots of stuff that matches , print color. each pair of workout pants cost between 65-110 each, trust me her addition can get alot worse, I even have matching workout gloves to wear, pretty is as pretty does, got look the part :)
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    YES! I've replaced my regular clothes shopping addiction with workout clothes addiction! I have bought more Nike and UA stuff in the last 3 months than any workout gear in my entire life.
  • stevb15
    stevb15 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great perk of living so close to Under Armour headquarters....the stores around here end up getting stuff they put on clearance. Picked up a new t-shirt yesterday for $12.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I dont get the whole Lululemon thing everyone keeps talking about. 1.) Everything they have there is over priced. 2.) their smallest size is 2 sizes too large for me and looks ridiculous. 3.) everyone that works there is pretentious 4.) their stuff is only geared toward light cardio or yoga (to which their company has no true relevance with).

I dont know... i just don't get it.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am so very lucky...nike give me as much running gear I need with the caveat that I wear only their own brand..and their stuff is so awesome, if I was paying, i wouldn't wear any other brand. They are presenting me with free running shoes for my upcoming marathon and have been incredibly supportive of me from my very first steps of c25k to now..in the thick of training for my first marathon. their cold weather running gear is the best bar NONE.

If Nike gave me the gear, I would wear that as well.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love new fitness stuff! If a store has a section for workout clothes or gear, it sucks me in like a tractor beam. :smile: I always have to check out what they have at TJ Maxx & Marshall's - found some great name brand stuff there super cheap.