Do you expect perfection when trying to get healthy?

IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Appreciate imperfection.

Some of the most precious gems in the world have flaws that do not diminish their worth. When a diamond is a deep yellow or brown, it is considered more valuable. So, what you might assume is a serious flaw is really a great strength. Do you judge yourself by impossible standards? Do you berate yourself for lack of perfection?

Your flaws make you unique and precious. Your sensitivity means you are compassionate. Not looking perfect makes you approachable. Surviving pain brings others hope. You are not a worthless rock; you are a precious gem.

Action for the day: Think of three people you admire. In your journal, describe their flaws. How do their flaws make them unique and precious? What flaws might people appreciate in you?

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Very wise words, and Good Advice.

:flowerforyou: Thank You for sharing.
  • What a lovely post. I like that... "Your flaws make you precious and unique."

When it comes to weight issues, I think my perfectionism has backfired over and over and over. Which is why I now have so much to lose. I'm working on letting go of the perfectionism along with the weight.
This discussion has been closed.