My new 2 hour workout plan...

This is perfect. I have a gym and a pool right in my apartment building, and because there are so many hours in the day (part of my whole "transformation" is I am going to start waking up early) I can split this into numerous workouts, obviously I wouldn't do it all at once.
Aerobics, high impact 25mins 258 cal
Stationary bike, vigorous effort (bicycling, cycling, biking) 35mins 542cal
Swimming, leisurely, general 45mins 398cal
Strength training (weight lifting, weight training) 15mins 66cal

That burns 1264 calories in a day.

I know some of you may say it's quite the challenge, but I want to try. I will workout with this regime five days a week, and have two rest days. Trust me, I know it will be hard and I probably won't be able to complete it all right away but I will slowly build my strength and endurance etc. Nothing worth doing is easy right?

Also, this is perfect for me, because the more calories I burn, the more I can consume which means I can up my protein (I am strict vegetarian and for a month I am eating 80% raw as well)

Replies

• benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    All the very best with your plan!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,089 Member
    Nobody needs to work out that much
    just sayin
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    just sayin

Not so much that I NEED to, as opposed to, I WANT to :) Besides, I am planning a camping trip this summer and want to go hiking, this will help kick my butt into shape.
  • jamiep926
    jamiep926 Posts: 85 Member
    Just a tip from my personal experience!
    Since last year September, I've been working out an average of 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. I would either go join the group exercise classes like cycling, zumba, or kick boxing for an hour or just do my walking or jogging on treadmill, and follow that by an hour swim. I did it with the right amount of diet, never exceeding 1600 calories.
    The results didn't appear for the first 4 weeks, which is pretty long time... I was so frustrated!! But I can tell you this. Even if you don't see the results right away, just hang in there and continue with the exercise, because once I started seeing results, it happened rather dramatically. I heard from one of the trainer that for the first month, my body was in resistance mode.?

Anyway, once you start working out at the gym, sweat after sweat, feeling that agony, you won't want to put that hand full of chips in your mouth anyway. Because as you jog, or run, or bike on the cardio machines, your eyes get to focus on the how much calories you burn. Then your mind is constantly calculating how much calories you burned and how much calories you have consumed. So exercising is best all around! Go for it! Make sure you work your way up there though.. I injured my knee once real bad thinking that I can jog 10 miles when my body was screaming for help!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    just sayin

Not so much that I NEED to, as opposed to, I WANT to :) Besides, I am planning a camping trip this summer and want to go hiking, this will help kick my butt into shape.

It's perfectly doable if that's what you want to do, just be sure to eat enough to fuel those workouts. Best of luck to you.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    And in case anyone was curious, with this workout plan, I would still be losing under 2lbs a week - so it's not drastic :)
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    I think its quite good!All the best! Just eat enough....I workout twice a day for 45 mins each...I mix up my workouts..
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    There are people whose work is hard manual graft or running around all day,
    So no it isnt excessive, take rest days as needed and enjoy,
    What lovely facilities you have , yes take full advantage of your free time and opportunity
    why shouldnt you!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    All the best with your plan, hope it achieves your goals! You'll definitely build excellent endurance for your hiking trip.

Just a word of warning, as far as weight loss goes, there's a law of diminishing returns on high calorie burns as the body rapidly adapts and becomes ultra-efficient, as myself and several other marathon-training buddies found to our cost, despite recording what should have been 1,000+ calorie burns!

You could think about doing your two-hour workout a couple of days a week and maybe doing shorter, harder sessions (intervals or hills on the aerobic machinery, faster swimming, or a longer, heavier weights session, for instance) to mix it up a bit and keep your body guessing. Just a thought! :flowerforyou:
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    just sayin

Lol. Tell that to marathon runners, powerlifters, Olympic weightlifters, professional athletes, amateur athletes, or even just those who actually like working out 2 hours a day.(I work out 2 hours most days).

OP, your plan looks good - a nice mix of intense work and easy work. Hope it works for you.
  • farsteve
    farsteve Posts: 157 Member
    Good luck, just be on the look out for overwork/over-training issues that may pop up. Nagging injuries that don't heal, lack of appetite, lack of energy, irritability, insomnia, warts on the palm of your hands. (well maybe not the warts). Otherwise, do whatever floats your boat. Those crossfit people certainly seem to be having a good time and I'm sure they burn as many calories as you plan to.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    awesome but I would like to say if you are relying on mfp to give you the calorie burn...don't. i did for a long time and finally invested in a hrm and mfp was severely over estimating my burns.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    This is perfect. I have a gym and a pool right in my apartment building, and because there are so many hours in the day (part of my whole "transformation" is I am going to start waking up early) I can split this into numerous workouts, obviously I wouldn't do it all at once.
    Aerobics, high impact 25mins 258 cal
    Stationary bike, vigorous effort (bicycling, cycling, biking) 35mins 542cal
    Swimming, leisurely, general 45mins 398cal
    Strength training (weight lifting, weight training) 15mins 66cal

That burns 1264 calories in a day.

I know some of you may say it's quite the challenge, but I want to try. I will workout with this regime five days a week, and have two rest days. Trust me, I know it will be hard and I probably won't be able to complete it all right away but I will slowly build my strength and endurance etc. Nothing worth doing is easy right?

Also, this is perfect for me, because the more calories I burn, the more I can consume which means I can up my protein (I am strict vegetarian and for a month I am eating 80% raw as well)

Are you set on this plan or looking for comments/advice?

ETA
    just sayin
    Clearly you've never been an athlete...
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    If I was training that much I'd be looking to make sure I was also improving my fitness levels.

Repeating the same things time and again can often lead to you not only stagnating, but also, I believe, reducing the calories burnt as your body 'gets used to' the motions and does them more efficiently.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Hey, if it's something you enjoy you will stick with it. I play really competitive volleyball for almost 3 hours pretty much none stop every Tuesday. Now on this site it adds over 1400 calories to my day, but I rarely can take in that much more. I try to play volleyball atleast twice a week and sometimes 3 times. I can't do much more than that because I'm older and my shoulder won't allow it!

I say go for it, but it's best to try and find something you enjoy to mix it up. If you enjoy swimming this will work for the long run too!
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    the question is, what will happen when you stop burning this amount of calories every day? obviously, you won't eat them back then, but still, won't your body be "angry' with you then, meaning you will put weight back on?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    the question is, what will happen when you stop burning this amount of calories every day? obviously, you won't eat them back then, but still, won't your body be "angry' with you then, meaning you will put weight back on?

What???

Your body doesn't get angry with you if you stop exercising, you just get used to eating more and generally keep eating like you were previously...
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    I didn't mean literally angry with u... but if you exercise hard, build muscle etc, and then stop exercising, when those muscles eventually go away, will you be "fat" again? will u end up flabby?
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Give it a go girl. How will you ever know your limitations if you never push your self. At least this way you will figure out what you can and cannot do through trial and error. Good for you and make sure your diet is spot on! :flowerforyou:

Most people forget when they were kids they would play for hours on end every day. Why should 2 hours be any different if its some thing you want to do. The only difference is now its a bit more structured and its called exercise.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Sounds good but more importantly, how's your diet?