How Far?

Options
I was just wondering how far you guys go on the activities you put under exercise? I have only been putting in my cardio at the gym and was wondering if i should add misc stuff such as yard work, house cleaning, etc...

Replies

• Funkystarr
    Options
    I was just wondering how far you guys go on the activities you put under exercise? I have only been putting in my cardio at the gym and was wondering if i should add misc stuff such as yard work, house cleaning, etc...
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I don't bother putting in the around the house stuff, I don't feel I am exherting enough to really make a substanial difference. If I go completely nuts cleaning one day or something then maybe, but for now I figure that is all part of the daily activity level I set.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    If I have my workout clothes on, I count it. If I have my regular clothes on, I don't count it. :flowerforyou:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I don't think I would ever change out of my workout clothes then!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I would say if it's not an ordinary, everyday activity than log it. Yardwork, for example raking leaves, would not be a usual activity I would have accounted for in my activity level. Mowing, on the other hand, unless you had 2 or 3 acres, I wouldn't count. Housecleaning - just the normal swipe I take at it would not count. Extra heavy duty cleaning, I probably would count. JMO!! Good luck.

LOL - proudmama0118. I hear ya!! Too funny.
  • lizburnsyb
    Options
    Ha ha! I love that. Yeah, I only count my actual exercise. It gives me comfort that if I go over in calories from time to time that maybe the walk to/from the subway or up to get groceries will sustain me.
  • Funkystarr
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile: My husband and me just started putting a yard in at our house yesterday, so i did 3 hours of pretty intense shoveling :laugh: but i didnt log it and i went over on my calories a little cuz of easter candy :sad: but i considered it evened out
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes!! I'd say 3 hours of shoveling would offset a couple jellybeans. Consider it a good day! :glasses:
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I only enter house stuff if it's really aerobic, like the day I decided to do the whole house, including the wooden floors (waxing, hard work that!!). I know it was a real workout because I was sore for two days afterward!!

But normally, no, not the regular stuff. I assume it's already included in the main calorie count.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I only enter in things that are extra that I do not do everyday. Daily chores, errands, and work are already entered into my goals as being an "active person"
  • Funkystarr
    Options
    :happy: K thanks everyone
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I only log gym activity. When I do spring cleaning the house...moving all the furniture and cleaning everything is site, I will log some. When I do yard work, I will only log if I am working for 2 or 3 hours hard.
    It is really up to you.