To Anyone Doing The 30 Day Shred...

Options
2»

Replies

• MsJourno
    MsJourno Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Am planning on starting this Monday. How do I join this group?
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I finished today! Yay! Started January 28th, ended February 28th. Good luck to all, the results are worth the pain!
  • MsJourno
    MsJourno Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I completed it. When day 30 comes, you'll be surprised. Best of luck!
  • _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 18 (Day 8 of Level 2). Personally, I find Level 2 harder than Level 3! All those plank poses!! lol

But I agree... the results are worth it. Just keep pushing yourself through!!
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 8 of Lvl 2. Can't wait to get to Lvl 3! I haven't looked at level 3 yet, I like to be surprised. I hate lvl 2!
  • SkiinyMe
    Options
    haven't tried but it sounds like it works!
  • Tebbspcad
    Options
    I've already completed it once (and got great results but I get bored so went onto something else) recently i have been doing it again off and on....I have noticed that it's a LOT easier the second time round!

I would urge anyone starting this to persevere as you will get amazing inch and weight loss results.

:happy:
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing it or thinking of doing it:

do it. do IT! DOOO IT!!!!

It is so worth it!

Don't just start it, actually finish it! Do it for the feeling of accomplishment at the end.

Don't worry about the soreness. By the next workout, it'll be gone. By day 3, you'll be better at it and will start to enjoy it. By day 10, you'll be a whiz...and then you'll have to move to the next seemingly impossible level, and re-work your way up again. It's worth it because you get to keep all of those gains in strength, cardio/vascular health, endurance, willpower, and pride when you move to the next level, and eventually to the next DVD or other workout. Totally worth it.
  • gumkenstein
    gumkenstein Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's hard, but it's getting easier with every day. I've just started level 3 and day 1 gave me a really hard time. But the same applies to day 1 of levels 1 and 2. :laugh:
    I've already lost an inch around the waist and the whole body is getting slimer, although I've lost only 0,5 kg (ca. 1 lbs) - and it happend in only 20 days. I plan to go jean shopping (as Jillian suggests in level 2) after I complete the whole shred. :bigsmile:
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I did day ten, level one today. I'm 5'4" and 138 pounds. According to my HRM, I burn anywhere from 233-258 calories each workout. I use 4 pound weights and I do about half of the push-ups modified.

Does anyone else find the first circuit to be the hardest? Everything else I can handle, but when we start that second round of jumping jacks after jump rope I have to take 5 nearly every single time!
  • gumkenstein
    gumkenstein Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find the first circuit to be the hardest? Everything else I can handle, but when we start that second round of jumping jacks after jump rope I have to take 5 nearly every single time!
    For me first circut in every level is the hardest one. When it's over I'm really happy - the second is fun and then the third a litte bit more difficult, but not as much as the first.
    And I honestly hate jumping jacks. But doing them anyway.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    For me first circut in every level is the hardest one. When it's over I'm really happy - the second is fun and then the third a litte bit more difficult, but not as much as the first.
    And I honestly hate jumping jacks. But doing them anyway.

I thought the 2nd circuit was the hardest. Yeah, boo on jumping jacks. I'm doing Insanity these days and miss 30DS :/
  • FiestyIrish
    Options
    I did day ten, level one today. I'm 5'4" and 138 pounds. According to my HRM, I burn anywhere from 233-258 calories each workout. I use 4 pound weights and I do about half of the push-ups modified.

I hate those side lunges on the third circuit. And then to go into jumping jacks right after that? I always feel like my arms are about to fall off.
  • kimberly728
    Options
    I finished day 1 level 1 last night. my knees are killing me but my arms are good.
  • shesherara500
    shesherara500 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    whoa! I'm on my 7th day and just did level 2 for the first time this morning. ca-razy how much you can sweat in just 20 mins!
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    You can do this! I am on day 4 of level 3 today, I still have to do modified moves but it works! I measured myself today, I've lost a total of 9" in my mid section! 4.5" = Waiste, 2.5 = hips and 2.0 = at belly button.

I plan to do another month after I'm done with this one then move on to another one of her DVD's.

You can get through the pain!! If this old lady can do it, you can!! :happy:
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

I hate those side lunges on the third circuit. And then to go into jumping jacks right after that? I always feel like my arms are about to fall off.

Oh, yeah. I think I was on day 8 before I could do all the side lunges without putting down my weights. Ugh!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I completed Level 3 Day 9 today!! Tomorrow is the last day!! Excited to take my new measurements :)

And great job to everyone!! Keep it up!!