Fed up with the scale barely moving and fancy a challenge?

Options
Hi, MFPals!

Some of my MFP friends and I are all starting to become a bit fed up with our numbers on the scale. Personally, I have been seeing very small loses if any for the last month and it is starting to have a negative effect on my motivation. Currently I weigh in every Wednesday and I know that the scale isn't the most important number but I do not believe anyone who says they don't care about it at all. Let's face it, most of us are here to lose pounds right??

Anyway, for the sake of my sanity, I have decided to challenge myself to not weigh for the whole of March. I will continue to measure every 2 weeks and intend to take a photo of myself tonight and again at the end of March to see if I can see some positive changes as toning is really the most important thing for me as I only have 10lbs to lose (current weight: 142lbs).

If anyone else is sick of the frustration weigh in day brings, please add me as a friend and we'll motivate each other without the need for a scale and hopefully at the end of March, we will all weigh in and see a substantial change rather than 0.2lb changes.

Who's in?? My target is to have lost 2lbs by the 31st of March. What's yours? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• RachaelKaye4
    RachaelKaye4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think this is an amazing idea! Im totally in! :)

I'm very near my target but I can never quite get there and the number on the scales has been stuck for the last month or so!

I'm currently doing Lent atm so thats perfect timing!

I'll aiming for 1kg! and then I will have reached my ideal weight by my 25th birthday at the end of April! Woop :)

xxxx
  • ljmiller11
    ljmiller11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yay, that's great! Pleased to have you on board :)

I weighed in this morning and then surrendered my scale to my boyfriend who is under strict instructions to not let me have it back no matter what I offer him in return!

It's going to be tough to not weigh but I'm up for the challenge and know it will be so much nicer when I do weigh in as with a little luck, we'll all see a substantial loss.

I know you'll lose your last 1kg. Let's do this! x
  • RachaelKaye4
    RachaelKaye4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks a brilliant idea! Ill get my fiancé to hide the scales so that I can't even be tempted if I'm having a 'skinny day'!

We can defo do it! #MotivationStation

xxxx
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! I haven't weighed myself for a while partly because I don't always have access to weighing scales and also because I was just getting fed up!
    I'll weigh myself at the beginning of March to see where I am and then again at the end. I hope to lose about 5/6lb in March. At the moment I'm on holiday so i'm not in my usual routine of eating and working out but I'll be back on it on the 5th. I've recently also made changes to how many calories I'm consuming - MFP had me at 1200 a day and I wasn't seeing any movement at all on the scales no matter how much I worked out, so now I'm aiming for 1800 as I'm not that far away from my goal, and I do think it has made a change.

Feel free anyone to add me as a friend, I'm here most days and would like to think I'm fairly encouraging :) Great challenge though ljmiller11, I think sometimes we get too preoccupied with the scale so this will help me have a more healthy relationship with it I think!
  • McWooey
    McWooey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    im defo in too, i get weighed at my weekly personal training but have my trainer warned i dont want to be told my weight (ill look away)

MY GOAL IS TO HAVE ABOUT 2LBS OFF BY END OF MONTH AND DEFO HAVE A NOTICABLE CHANGE TO MY 'MUFFIN TOPS' and slim my thighs even a little

im focussing on doing My Jillian Michaels killer butt and thighs dvd att home and train at least twice a week on top of this!! ive stopped going to spin because ive been told it bulks up the legs and this is the opposite of what im trying to achieve.

ive taken a piccie (altho i cant get it to load to my blog so ill just upload it to my profile pics probably) would be delighted to have as many motivating me and likewise!!

:) good luck all!!