When do you fill in your food diary?

Options
2»

Replies

• rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Broadly (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) first thing in the morning
    Then additional snacks through the day depending on how many cals garnered through exercise (up to my TDEE cut range) through the day.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I fill in my food diary either the night before or that morning while I am eating my breakfast. I like putting the whole day down before eating so I can readjust my calories, carbs, protein etc per meal or snack.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    A bit of both, if I know what I'm going to eat for lunch or dinner, I'll be adding it in the morning so I can get an idea of how many calories leftover for eating of snacks and things. I log all the time throughout the day.
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    everytime i eat something. it's like balancing a checkbook. you don't want to overdraw your account.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    soon as i eat its logged! Iv an Iphone and the app is a life saver :) iv recently started to try and plan my meals out and log them that morning or the night b4
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I semi pre-plan on sunday and go from there with room for changes. I have crazy schedule and most nights not home so i can dictate up until dinner
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I mostly do mine days in advance and tweak as necessary. Helps me know what I'm using I'm the fridge too!
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Either the night before or early in the day. It's all about good planning. Think about your bank account. Do you spend first and THEN look to see if you really had the money there to spend? For me calories are the same concept. I don't want to spend what I don't have.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    I usually meal-prep my lunch/dinner, so I track that in the morning when I track my breakfast. :) I only plan 1 meal a day (if even), the rest gets tracked ASAP.
  • PandaPudges
    Options
    First thing in the morning while I am eating breakfast, that way I know what my general consumption will be and it leaves room for snacks throughout the day :D!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I fill mine out right before I eat a meal. Sit down with bowl/plate, enter info to make sure I can fit the meal in, then eat it. Works for me :)
  • Suzeboo
    Options
    I fill my main meals in first thing so I can plan calories etc. I allow myself left over cals to fill up with snacks etc. If I do more excercise than planned in the day then I add more veggies to dinner or a handful of nuts to eat them back. I used to add all planned excercise at the beginning of the day also, when I used to work out in the evnings but if for some reason I couldnt do it i'd go over my calories for that day so now I work out in the mornings I can plan much better. Throughout the day I do tweak foods slightly but generally stick to my plan. :smile:
  • Suzeboo
    Options
    Oh and i rely heavily on the app
  • SafiyaBWG
    SafiyaBWG Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    As soon as I can, so that I don't forget what I ate...