How many calories should I be on?

Options
I started Diet Chef in July, really slow weight loss of 16lbs currently. I had lost 18lbs but seem to be losing and putting on the same damn 2lbs since October. I inputted my details again to get a new calorie total since I have lost a stone and am currently on about 1300. I have started regular walking but stuck on this 2 off 2 on cycle and it is getting me down to be honest. Can anyone help please?

Replies

• tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    not enough info to help. depends how many calories your burning, current weight, etc to determine calories. 1300 may be too low for you. your body can store calories if not enough. that could result in a slower weight loss.
  • nataliemush
    nataliemush Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In a 70 minute walk I burned 220 calories.
    I weigh 12 stone now and am 5 foot 6ish.
  • nataliemush
    Options
    Can anyone help please?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Assuming your logging is reasonably accurate, if you're not losing weight over an extended period of time (at least a month), you need to reduce cals. Since you're already pretty low, I'd only cut by 10-15%.

Use a little common sense though... your body needs calories, and it needs carbs, fat and protein to function properly. Weight loss is one thing, but make sure you are being reasonably healthy.
  • nataliemush
    Options
    Thank you. It is so hard. I am ashamed how little I have lost in such a long time and upset that I can't lose anything at the moment. I have been walking and using a rowing machine and yet nothing. I know I am over weight, I come from a family of very over weight women, and I need to lose the weight for my health. I have children I need to be here for.