Best way to lose lower abdominal fat??

Options
Any suggestions? I swear mine is from my C-section from 7 years ago. And, of course all the extra eating in the past 7 years didn't help either. =)

Replies

• elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian's shred DVD and she advocates reverse crunches but also says you can't just crunch them away-you have to do cardio. She's an advocate of interval training (mixing cardio/strength together). A reverse crunch lay down with your arms down at your side, bend your knees up at 90 deg angle and lift your butt off the ground. I've had 2 c sections and still have my pouch too. Sigh.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce. All you can do is cardio for all around weight loss and core exercises to strengthen.
  • aareeyesee
    aareeyesee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Lose the rest of the fat first and that will come off later. Fat loss starts at the extremities generally and the abdomen is last.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Like others said you can't spot reduce but you can certainly help with belly bloat by your diet! Stick to low glycemic foods, lots of veggies and lots of water!! Reduce your sodium intake. I find I can look 6 months pregnant nights after eating a ton of salt!!

As for the pregnancy belly, I know that first hand. I thought it would never go away. But eventually, once you lose the weight you need to lose, it goes away too! So keep on trucking!
  • kellilucky13
    Options
    Thank you all for the tips and info. It's frustrating when I look 7 months pregnant, and I had my last child 7 years ago. Grrr...
    The older I get, the more the fat collects around my mid section.