Any other women who have had a breast reduction?

Options
sbbhbm
sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
I had my reduction five years ago. At my first post-op, my surgeon told me I was likely in the small percentage of women whose breasts would grow back. He said most women who have breast reductions have a large amount of fat removed vs. actual breast tissue. I had no fat in my breasts, just breast tissue. He said I had so much, it's actually down on my ribs and wrapping around my back (no, for any guys creeping this, that doesn't mean I have boobs on my back). Well, he was right... five years later, and I've already grown back over a cup size, almost into a D again (I was an EE pre-op, which looked absurd considering I was a size 0 at the time) If you've had a reduction, is this happening to you? And if it is, are you considering having another reduction if they get back up to your pre-op size? I can't decide if it's worth going through the pain again. I mean, at least they're way perky now...

Replies

• Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Goodness, I'm looking into surgery & I honestly hope that doesn't happen to me! I can lose 50+ lbs (this happened 2 yrs ago & I've gained it back) & mine NEVER get smaller! They've ONLY gotten bigger with pregnancy. (A cup size per child...and I have 3...and started as a DD). I do hope it's fat, but I have a bad suspicion I could be like you.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Oh no, that sucks! I had one a little over 5 years ago and THANKFULLY they have not come back, I was so scared of that happening.

It sounds like your size is still manageable though! I think if I went back to my pre-op size (G) I would do it again - its like a whole different world for me now with Ds that I wouldn't be able to go back to that misery.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    pour-one-out.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW! You were a size 0 and a double E!?!?!?!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    pour-one-out.jpg

LMAO!
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    pour-one-out.jpg
    :laugh: :heart:
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm currently waiting approval form my health insurance for a reduction. I'm hoping to go from a DDD to a B. I'm 5'1". I've been carrying at least a C since I was 12. I'm 34 this summer and ready to live the rest of my life with a small chest.
  • Mavrick7a
    Mavrick7a Posts: 1,353
    Options
    @OP - It hurts to hear that wonderful boobie materials to be removed :sad:

I am going to create an organization to save and free the boobies :laugh:
  • carriehanson74
    carriehanson74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just had reduction May 7th, 2013 and its the best decision I ever made. Wish I would have done it sooner! Trying to get started exercising...mainly just walking like I always do, but trying to pick up the pace a bit.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I had one 25 years, 2 breastfed babies and 20 lbs ago. My only regret is that I didn't go a bit smaller at the time. I won't say they grew back, but I am now a DD again (was C right after the surgery). Shape is still good and i don't think i'd undergo another surgery for the size.
    Full circle though. My 18 years old daughter is having a consult this week to have hers reduced!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Yikes, I'm having my 1st pre-op appointment on this next month. I had no idea. Gives me some good talking points though to bring to the appointment!
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My best friend's cousin had a reduction done when she was 16. I think she was a G? Not a big girl either, maybe a size 6. She's been through 2 pregnancies and her breasts are about the same size. I think they reduced her to a D and she might be a DD now.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I got a mass reduction for medical reasons 13 years ago, best decision I ever made for myself. I was in agony, the migraines, the back pain and shoulder pain was horrible I was on so many pain meds.

Thankfully my husband was not a douche and was supportive of me and my needs. He loves my smaller perky breasts and was not a fan of seeing his wife ooggled at for her breast size, hated seeing me in pain.

I did go up a bit when I had my daughter and nursed her for 2.5 years. Since getting in shape they have gone back down to the size C of my reduction size. I was a 34G.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    My mother had a reduction about 10 years or so ago. She has gained about 20 lbs since then, but her breasts have pretty much grown back in excess to her weight gain. She's not as big as she was, but she's my height ~5' 2" & I'm a 32H & she's way bigger than me. She's never mentioned having another reduction. She was happy with the results while it lasted.
  • SPARTANPOWER
    Options
    No but one day I want a lift