This might sound silly...

Options
Kttyler87
Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
Ok so I am a stay at home mommy and I am an artist also. I take advantage of advertisement when it is possible....would you guys be offended or think its odd if I post my websites on here? I want to broaden my audience and what better place with you all :)

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Odd? No.

Against the rules? Probably
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    Well thats what I meant, haha Even in the chit chat spot?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

Do it.

I would love to check it out.
  • Kttyler87
    Options

Do it.

I would love to check it out.

I just dont want to get in trouble now haha
  • DostThouEven
    Options
    You won't get banned on the spot
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
    b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.
    c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Lots of us have websites. I think it's against the rules to post. Also are you here for personal or business reasons?
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see your work, fair warning though. There is some fun hating troll looking evil women on this site that will most likely report you though. Thus resulting in the topic getting taken down.. I can't stand those women...... (There might be a man, but the only ones that are known publicly are women, so women I'm not singling you out!) (It's not just advertisement threads, they do it to a lot of threads on the chit-chat.. back in the day, MFP used to have some fun theme days during the week!)
  • kaybelieve
    Options
    Although, as stated it is against the terms and conditions, I see many people post their blogs, websites, and promotion of other websites like MFP and they're all still going strong.

Even if you do get 'caught' they'll just send you a message to take it down, they wont ban you straight away. :)
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    No im not here to promote. Its not even a business. Yes I do make money off of it but I figured it wouldnt hurt anyone. But I wont post it then. Haha good thing I asked....was just curious
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    I'd like to see your work, fair warning though. There is some fun hating troll looking evil women on this site that will most likely report you though. Thus resulting in the topic getting taken down.. I can't stand those women...... (There might be a man, but the only ones that are known publicly are women, so women I'm not singling you out!)

Bahahha then I guess if someone is interested in taking a look message me and Ill Privately send it. That doesnt hurt anyone...

I have seen people post their sites or blogs thats why I asked
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I'm an artist as well. If I've just finished a piece I will post a link to a pic in my newsfeed.
    But otherwise I don't advertise.

Most of my friends are aware I paint and I have done some commission pieces for a few of them.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Can you put it on your profile at least? I don't know if that would be against the rules too, but seems harmless to me anyway.
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    Im not going to post it on here but all im saying is if someones interested in looking I can send them my links. How can you make commission from you friends on here if they never saw your stuff, Im sure you sent them privately a picture of some sort.
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    Can you put it on your profile at least? I don't know if that would be against the rules too, but seems harmless to me anyway.

Exactly! Thank you :)