How Many Pounds Does It Take YOU To Go Down A Size?

Options

Replies

• crazihel
    crazihel Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Haha yeh I think it depends on the individual.

At my heaviest I was 16 stone 2. I've NEVER worn clothes bigger than 16 (I'm tall).

Now I am 12st 6. I'm a 10/12 up top, and 12/14 jean size.

Ha my transformation sucked!
  • BobbyJo28
    BobbyJo28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hi there, last year I wore a size 13 at 164lbs. Currently i am at 138lbs and have been doing core exercises this last month. I am in a size 8 now. It took me a while to actually go out and get that size since ive never wore it before. I think you should just go to the store and not just one store, a few different stores.Try on a few different sizes. I cant hurt anything :o)
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" it takes about 20 lbs or more to drop a size for me. I'm in 11 jeans, once I hit my goal weight I'll still be anywhere from 8-10 depending on the brand and M to L tops.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I lost 26 pounds and went down 2 jean sizes

YOU GO GIRL!
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I may take this advice. Thanks!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    20 for me
  • blanhe2
    Options
    About 6-7 kg, so 15-16 lbs
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 lbs. and still wear the same size. They do fit looser though. I don't know how many more it will take to need the next size down but I really don't want to have to buy all new pants. Can't afford it! LOL
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    depends on how you lose the weight, /gain muscle

example last feb I was 173lbs and a UK 14/16
    I dropped to 163lbs and a neat UK 12
    currently Im 171lbs and a loose UK 12 still

so um ... no idea how many lbs in a size .. all I know is Im happy with my loose size 12 at the moment :)
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    10lbs for me, but it has to adding workout to it though.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Options
    it varies. I dropped a size at 10 pounds. it averages 10-15 pounds a size. some it takes more.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    When I started trying to lose weight, I was wearing a size 16. So far I've lost 13 pounds and I can still wear those 16s but I recently bought new pants in both sizes 14 and 12. I guess it depends on the person, the pants and where and how your body is changing. Sizes don't mean anything anymore. Get out your tape measure.
  • happyheathen927
    happyheathen927 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've barely lost 5 lb. in the last 6-8 weeks, but I went down 2 pant sizes. I'd LOVE to see the scale move more, but I'm pretty dang happy with what I AM seeing.

(Yay, CrossFit!)
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how you figure pant sizes with losing 26 lbs i went from a size 9 to a size 3-5ish Speaking of how do you guys figure pant sizes? If you wore say a size 9- and you go down to a size 7 is that 2 sizes down (BY SUBTRACTION) or just one size down? Stupid question I know haha..
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    For me its about a 20-pound difference between sizes.

So much of sizing depends on your frame size though. Pants are limited to how wide your hips are, bras to how wide your ribcage is. I know people, for example, who were a larger size after having babies even at lower weights, because their baby literally spread their ribs farther apart (side to side)....
  • Roshellexo
    Roshellexo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It took me about 16lb, but I was stuffing myself into most of my clothes...
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different.

I see most people say 15 lbs.

I have lost 20 pounds, but I havent lost a size yet. Pants are lose. Shirts are fine. But still not a size smaller.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I haven't really checked; it's hard to know how much my pants have stretched since I bought them, and I wear pants until they fall off if I move too fast. Also, in the case of jeans especially, I buy from Old Navy a lot and they are notorious when it comes to vanity sizing. My Old Navy size 10s, which fit me exactly as well as my Forever 21+ size 14s do, can attest to that. "Size," particularly for women's clothing, is a nebulous concept; because women's clothing sizes are arbitrary and not standardized among (and even within!) brands, it's pretty meaningless to talk about your personal pant/shirt/dress size.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Zero pounds on my body, lots of pounds on the barbell and dumbbells.
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It seems that for me, it's about every 20 lbs. But I assume that the smaller one gets, the fewer lbs are needed in order to drop a size. I was in a size 18 at 208lbs. When I got down to about 190, I could fit into size 16. I'm 179 now, and the 16's still fit. I doubt 14's would fit me right now. In the past, when I got down to 160lbs, I was able to fit into a size 14 once I got to about 170. But at that rate, I'd be a size 12 at 150, a size 10 at 130. I don't expect to get below 130lbs, but I hope that I can get to a size 8.