I am a sugar addict!!!!

Options
I can finally admit it and I need some help. I have NEVER been a sweets fan. I normally craved dairy product. When I got pregnant with my first son I craved sugar, but that went away after I had him. When I got pregnant with my second son I craved sugar again but this time it never went away.

So, if you have detoxed from sugar (and I'm talking refined white sugars, not natural sugars) what are some ideas, thoughts, suggestions that you have that may have helped you. Other then this sugar addiction I eat pretty well and I work out at least 5 but more likely 6 times a week. So I am pretty healthy other then this sugar addiction. I don't drink pop either, so none of the sugar comes from that.

Thanks!!!!

Replies

• stickarms
    stickarms Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have been trying to avoid sugar by chewing gum or drinking tea when I want something sweet. it works about 50% of the time. I have also been trying to avoid buying cookies or candies so that it isn't in the house or in my office. This worked until girl scout cookie season.
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    So far for me, chewing sugar free gum whenever I want a sweet snack. Drink water or tea or whatever. FRUITS! I snack on grapes, apples, plums, bananas to satisfy that sweet tooth. If you are still having trouble try Sugar Free Jello.

For a full dessert make a bowl full of:

Sugar Free Jello
    Mixed Fruits (blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
    Cool Whip Free
    Crumble a small section of Graham Cracker over it.