Exercise DVD's

Options
I need to get moving.....but...I have not moved in years other than walking I am approx 120 lbs over weight. I need to start slow. i don't want anything I will give up on because I can't keep up with it.....any suggestions?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Denise Austin has some 20 minute walking based videos on the BeFit Channel on YouTube. I've also read great things about Leslie Sansone. Petra Kolber has a video I've liked and used as well.
  • bitsyland
    Options
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    My Sister in law really loves the Walk It Out series by Leslie Sansone. There are different DVDs in the series so you can do different ones to change things up. She lost her baby weight with those after having my nephew.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has a billion Walk Away the Pounds DVDs available. They range from 1 mile gentle walks to 5 miles walk and jogs...They are reasonably priced (I bought my 5 mile DVD for about 7 bucks on Amazon) and they are amazing for beginning "workout-ers".
    I started with a 2 mile, 40 minute walk and worked my way up to a 5 mile 60 minute walk/jog...She's also entertaining to watch and talks TO you, not AT you. You kinda feel like she's with you in your living room...
    I speak of her affectionately here, but about 4 miles into my workout, I'm yelling at her for kicking my butt lol

Also, she uses toning exercises within the walk (arm work with light weights, core work with knee lifts and kicks, etc)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I love leslie sansone and walmart carries them :bigsmile:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    slim in 6 by beachbody is supposed to be pretty effective. my 63 year old mother did it, said it was challenging, she usually just walks for fitness but isn't very overweigth.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    did you get an OK from your dr to exercise?
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    hello, I must say I love the leslie sansone DVDs ,, 1 mile,, 2 mile,, and 3 mile,, just found a 5 mile one but not up to that yet.
  • keepingm0tivated
    Options
    JM 30 DS. It's hard. ugh.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I usually don't like "on demand" free fitness on my TV , but I did like one cardio for beginners (but not real beginners) with Petra Kolber.. I can't do complicated dance moves, not coordinated and have achy knees after years of running in my 30's. I found a DVD Carido for Beginners, that was nice, you got a good workout but it wasn't hard on the joints.
    http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=5647&reviewstart=11
  • lorenacoy9
    Options
    whats a good work out with fast results
  • phoximom
    phoximom Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm doing slim in 6 and think it could easily adjust fitness levels.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with Leslie Sansone's workouts. Also look into the Biggest Loser DVD's. Turbo Jam is also very fun but more intense, but you can work at your own pace.
  • zsazsabodine
    zsazsabodine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xbleedingxglitterx
    Options
    Jane Fonda! Can't go wrong :) She has a couple of new dvds but I can't think of the names of them right off. You can get them from Amazon.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
  • brook97378
    brook97378 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone. She has so many to choose from. I started with the Leslie Sansone "Ultimate Collection". It has 4 walks on 1 dvd, a 1, 2, 3, and 4 mile.