Help with calories

Options
I need help with my calories intake and how to be consistent any suggestions?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You can be more consistent by pre-planning your food for the day. And what help do you actually need on your calories?
  • Dainty59
    Dainty59 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The help i need is On how much calories to consume
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Search online (or here on the forms for In Place of a Roadmap) for BMR and TDEE calculations if you want to go that route. There are tons of calculators online for that.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The help i need is On how much calories to consume

We need some information then. Height, weight, age and workout routine because we can take a guess, or you can set your account to 1-1.5 lb per week and if you exercise, then eat 50% of the calories back (generally 200-500 extra calories). Where you can see some improvements, I would also suggester altering macro's to around 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fats. Protein is critical to retain muscle.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You could set up your calories according to MFP's figures & try it out for about 3 weeks to see if it works. Or you could calculate what your BMR & TDEE are to use as a guide. Whatever method you choose has to work for you. Everyone's different.

What has helped me lose weight is the mfp plan. Now that I"m on maintenance I always eat back my exercise calories. It isn't working for me that well so I am going to try to eat back only half. If that doesn't work I'll try something else.

Good Luck in finding what works for you!
  • Dainty59
    Dainty59 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you will try that