Thighs! Help!

This question has probably been asked several times… but I want updated answers, please :)

I’m a thin 25 years old. I’m like extremely skinny on the upper part of my body, but my thighs are REALLY big. And I’m not exaggerating; they are fat and full of cellulite.

I work (6 days a week) and study full time so I don’t have time for the gym (the gyms I know actually close when I finish my classes), but I would like to be a little bit more proportionate.

Are there some exercises (I can buy videos, or use Youtube… or whatever, or exercise on the street on weekends!) that I could do to lose FAT but just in my thighs? Or at least make them slimmer or stronger? I don’t care if it’s long term, I have all my life!

And… should I be avoiding some food? Or eating more of another? I don’t know anything about getting just my things in shape. Any ideas will be very much appreciated.

Thank you SO MUCH for your answers.

And since English isn’t my mother tongue, beg me pardon for the errors!

Replies

• nobody answered... :((

bump
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    There is nothing you can do to only lose weight in your thighs. You can't make them slimmer without slimming any other part of your body. You can make them stronger with squats and lunges. You can do those at home.

I'm sorry, I know that is disappointing.

The upside is that carrying weight in thighs and/or hips is the healthiest possible weight distribution for women.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    You can't pick where the fat loss comes from, so no amount of leg exercises will specifically get rid of fat on your thighs. You have to lose fat, and your body picks where it comes from. That being said, I'd definitely incorporate some weight training. Squats, deadlifts and lunges specifically to strenghten your legs. If you're completely new to reistance training, you might gain a little muscle, which may make your legs look nicer. Focus on your diet, do at least some bodyweight exercises (you might wish to look into a set of adjustable dumbbells or resistance bands) and see what happens. I also like the 30 Day Buttlift series with Alicia Marie and Courtney Prather on the BeFit Channel on YouTube. It's a mix of cardio and resistance (bodyweight and lighter, but not super light weights) aimed at your butt, but it really works your whol lower body nicely.