Crystal Light Question

Options
Does anyone know if Crystal Light makes you retain water? I drank a lot of it yesterday as I was getting tired of drinking only water.

I know Weight watchers started counting that (among others) as water.It tastes good and changes it up but I feel like i'm cheating by counting it as water!

Replies

• SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    While it might count for water, remember to count the calories too.

I don't retain the water, but I find it easier to drink flavored water than plain water, and I definitely drink more. Hence my nickname "Camel" because I drink so much, and when I finally have to go to the bathroom, it seems like I'm releasing the faucet.
  • lovetodance
    Options
    have you checked the label to see if it has any sodium listed? I plan to check that because I do like Crystal Lite...especially the Peach Tea.
  • michellejayne
    Options
    the citrus tea is good hot as a good replacement for coffee or tea in the morning!!
  • megananne88
    Options
    There is really a divide among nutrition and fitness people to whether it counts as water. A lot of people dont like to count it because of all the fake sugar it has in it. Some dieticians will tell you to cut out fake sugar all together.
    Personally I count it for sure...I pretty much drink all my water with crystal light and have had no problem. It has a little bit of sodium in it but not even enough to count it as 1% toward your daily allowance of sodium.