Do you get your feelings hurt easily?

Options
jbutterflye
jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
Are you more sensitive than the average bear? Thin skinned or thick? What does it to you?

Replies

• CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    I don't typically get my feelings hurt easily. I suppose what hurt my feelings the most was my ex always calling me fat as*! Oh well, his loss now.
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If someone I truly care about says something mean, yes it hurts like hell...mostly because I'd never intentionally hurt someone I love that way. But if someone I dont know...or dont care for...trys to tear me down...I just let it roll off my back. :smile:
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    There is one person in this world that knows how to hurt my feelings and her words is "just being honest because no one else is" and that is my twin sister....she can have me bawling in 2.2 seconds
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    No but I will get annoyed and then act .
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    I don't typically get my feelings hurt easily. I suppose what hurt my feelings the most was my ex always calling me fat as*! Oh well, his loss now.

Revenge is sweet eh? :bigsmile:
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    yeah, but then I remember that I'm an a*****e, so then I don't feel so bad
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    nope.;/
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I can do but mainly not..I get even if someone hurts me.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Two prong answer.

Yes, I am actually sensitive and my parents just always sad I have a very big heart.
    No, I am terrible at showing emotions and I learned as a man to hide that (which I am working on changing for my boys and wife).

I when I say "sensitive", I don't mean I take every criticism to heart or such. I confident enough, and work in a position that I've developed a decent emotional IQ to understand criticism as such. But I tend to look at people in very caring eyes, if that makes sense.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options

Lol yep. It's like I told him, I can fix being fat but he can't fix being ugly. Immature reply on my part, I know. :)
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I used to, but then I realized the people hurting me weren't worth the tears...
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I pretty much don't have any feelings.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I can't recall having my feelings hurt that badly, surely I would remember it...
    I think i'm pretty thick skinned, however, I do cry at sad films :laugh:
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    I when I say "sensitive", I don't mean I take every criticism to heart or such. I confident enough, and work in a position that I've developed a decent emotional IQ to understand criticism as such. But I tend to look at people in very caring eyes, if that makes sense.

Totally understand, and relate. :smile:
  • jbutterflye
    Options

Lol yep. It's like I told him, I can fix being fat but he can't fix being ugly. Immature reply on my part, I know. :)

It's hard to come up with the really good comebacks on the spot. The brilliant sock-it-to-ya ones come later, in our minds, DAMMIT! :laugh:
  • robbieheslop
    robbieheslop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm too sensitive for my own good really, I can't take anything negative that someone would say about me and I break down and feel so ashamed of myself and repeatedly question things and call myself names.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I don't think I do, I spend more time coddling others about their feelings or opinions but I certainly was a very emotional child/teen (which I think is normal).
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    I pretty much don't have any feelings.

Now I just want to poke you to test it out. :bigsmile:
  • peckish_pomegranate
    Options
    I'm sensitive, but also most people have the idea that being offensive is somehow funny and edgy, not hurtful and disgusting, so I'm often told "don't be so sensitive!" Okay, don't be such an *kitten*.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm a big ol' sissy lala....just walk away:cry: