Who does it? Do you do it?

Options
So I have spent a lot of time hanging out on this site and know that it is a great tool for people who want to lose weight and find like minded individuals that can help motivate them to reach their goal. But I have also noticed that there are tons of people with new found confidence that are incredibly flirty with sexual innuendos being thrown around left and right. I know that on the boards its stays relatively tame, but it's what goes on in private messages that really shocked me. I am guilty of partaking in this and honestly it is kind of fun, but usually after the end of the day it just leave me feeling dirty and cheap. As if i just had a whole bunch of one night stands picking up girls from a seedy bar.

I sometimes think about the weird social dynamic of this place and how it is just a breeding ground for people with new found confidence to find the attention they have always wished they had. In my experiences with provocative private messaging on MFP people will act as if you are the only person they are talking to in this way and that you are the only person that they are sending racy pics to. I never believe them but pretend that i do and I know it happens a lot between the men and women on here. I guess I was just shocked out how seemingly normal women and men that may be married or in a relationship get caught up in this weird world of MFP private relationships.

I am not asking for you to admit that you partake in this type of behavior but I know some of you do. If you do and don't want to admit it just pretend you don't and tell us why you do it hypothetically speaking of course.

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Not my style.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I partake in blocking and deleting the dirty ****s :laugh:
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'll confess, I do it. It's not really a self-esteem thing for me so much as it's an escape. I have a bad marriage- it was bad way before I ever started having little imaginary flings. There are just as many reasons for me to stay in my marriage as there are for me to leave it, and what they are is my business. But I have been sexually frustrated for, oh, about six years now... but I come on here, I get a little naughty talk, and when I get home, I'm actually pretty much ready to jump in the sack with my husband. It's actually helped my marriage in that respect. Would I ever tell him there is someone else starting up the engine before he drives the car? No. He's a jerk, and maybe he deserves to get hurt like that for all the pain he's caused me, but I won't do that to him.

I will add that I do not extend anything beyond MFP. I keep my personal life personal. No one gets naked pics, no videos... I keep it to my MFP inbox only.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you are talking about.
  • WhoAmIwhoRU
    Options

Are you being sarcastic?
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I partake in blocking and deleting the dirty ****s :laugh:

This
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    So I have spent a lot of time hanging out on this site and know that it is a great tool for people who want to lose weight and find like minded individuals that can help motivate them to reach their goal. But I have also noticed that there are tons of people with new found confidence that are incredibly flirty with sexual innuendos being thrown around left and right. I know that on the boards its stays relatively tame, but it's what goes on in private messages that really shocked me. I am guilty of partaking in this and honestly it is kind of fun, but usually after the end of the day it just leave me feeling dirty and cheap. As if i just had a whole bunch of one night stands picking up girls from a seedy bar.

I sometimes think about the weird social dynamic of this place and how it is just a breeding ground for people with new found confidence to find the attention they have always wished they had. In my experiences with provocative private messaging on MFP people will act as if you are the only person they are talking to in this way and that you are the only person that they are sending racy pics to. I never believe them but pretend that i do and I know it happens a lot between the men and women on here. I guess I was just shocked out how seemingly normal women and men that may be married or in a relationship get caught up in this weird world of MFP private relationships.

I am not asking for you to admit that you partake in this type of behavior but I know some of you do. If you do and don't want to admit it just pretend you don't and tell us why you do it hypothetically speaking of course.

would NOT bang
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

would NOT bang
    Ehhh, might bang
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    People flirt here? Adult men and women????? Wow.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

I sometimes <b> think </B>about the weird social dynamic of this place and how it is just a breeding ground for people with new found confidence to find the attention they have always wished they had. In my experiences with provocative private messaging on MFP people will act as if you are the only person they are talking to in this way and that you are the only person that they are sending racy pics to. I never believe them but pretend that i do and I know it happens a lot between the men and women on here. I guess I was just shocked out how seemingly normal women and men that may be married or in a relationship get caught up in this weird world of MFP private relationships.

That's your problem right there. :)
  • sandynas
    sandynas Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in a serious committed happy relationship, to do something like this would be stupid (for.me) and i would feel guilty.
    There is temptation on here.just like.in "real life" so giving into that temptation should be low on my part..
    But if i did i would come clean with my s/o my conscience would be heavy.

But in no way do I judge others for it ..everyone has their own reasons & it's.none of my business.
  • WhoAmIwhoRU
    Options

A lot more than flirting goes on off these boards in private messages between adult men and women, sometimes married men and women exchanging pictures via email and text.

Do you consider that just flirting?
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    no comment
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options

A lot more than flirting goes on off these boards in private messages between adult men and women, sometimes married men and women exchanging pictures via email and text.

I am so shocked by all this news I am speechless.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU19iBpnta4
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I cant do it, because I don't know how to flirt and the guys i like are straight . :sad:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Are you being sarcastic?

Why would I be sarcastic? This is the internet...
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'll confess, I do it. It's not really a self-esteem thing for me so much as it's an escape. I have a bad marriage- it was bad way before I ever started having little imaginary flings. There are just as many reasons for me to stay in my marriage as there are for me to leave it, and what they are is my business. But I have been sexually frustrated for, oh, about six years now... but I come on here, I get a little naughty talk, and when I get home, I'm actually pretty much ready to jump in the sack with my husband. It's actually helped my marriage in that respect. Would I ever tell him there is someone else starting up the engine before he drives the car? No. He's a jerk, and maybe he deserves to get hurt like that for all the pain he's caused me, but I won't do that to him.

I will add that I do not extend anything beyond MFP. I keep my personal life personal. No one gets naked pics, no videos... I keep it to my MFP inbox only.

:flowerforyou: have a lil lust for you at the moment haha
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...well...hypothetically speaking, there are some very naughty people on MFP LOL :devil: