Anyone have an easy recipe for scallops?

Options
...for the smaller bay scallops? I've never made them before ~ thanks for any info :)

Replies

• coastalpines
    Options
    That looks Delish! I need to scan the skinnytaste website for more ideas. Thanks so much!
  • becksellent
    Options
    I like to chop a few cloves of garlic, sautee the garlic with extra virgin olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter/each 1/2 lb of scallops. When the garlic is lightly browned add about 1/2 C of dry white wine. Add the scallops and cook until they are transluent (4-5 minutes) on a medium-high heat. Put fresh parsley on top. I made this on Monday night. My roommate and boyfriend really liked it.

I really enjoy them on top of lentils, spaghetti squash or mixed in with either baked or sauteed veggies.

Enjoy!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I was going to pop in and say the Sonoma Diet Pan Seared Scallops but now I see that you're looking for the bay scallops, not the larger ones. I've always eaten the bay scallops either in a casserole or as the previous poster mentioned with pasta.

This recipe looks good:
    http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/tabbouleh-with-lemony-scallops.html

This site has some interesting recipes too
    http://www.drgourmet.com/recipes/maincourse/shellfish/index.shtml

Anyone who's interested in the other recipe, here it is:
    http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/2627842-Pan-Seared-Scallops-with-Lemon-Vinaigrette?full_recipe=true

Pan-Seared Scallops with Lemon Vinaigrette

Serves 4

INGREDIENTS

12 ounces fresh or frozen sea scallops
    1 lemon
    1 pound fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
    1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
    3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    Kosher salt (optional)
    Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
    2 or 3 fresh basil sprigs
    DIRECTIONS

1. Thaw scallops, if frozen. Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Set scallops aside.

2. Score lemon into 4 lengthwise sections with a sharp knife; remove peel from lemon. Scrape off white portion from peel; discard. Cut peel into very thin strips; set aside. Squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from lemon; set juice aside.

3. In a large skillet cook asparagus and red onion in 1 tablespoon of the oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Transfer asparagus mixture to a serving platter; keep warm.

4. In the same skillet combine reserved lemon peel, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and the basil sprigs. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until heated through. Remove lemon peel and basil sprigs with a slotted spoon, reserving oil in skillet. Discard lemon peel and basil sprigs.

5. If desired, season scallops with kosher salt and pepper. Cook scallops in the hot flavored oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until scallops are opaque, turning once. Stir in reserved lemon juice. Serve scallops with asparagus mixture.
    Source: Sonoma Diet
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I just made bay scallops monday night :) I just fried them up in a pan with a little oil and salt.

I'm posting to get some more ideas, something different :)
  • coastalpines
    Options
    Thanks all! I did a pan sear and ate them with asian veggies & rice. Not too bad, but I'm going to try the other recipes soon, as they kept me full :)