Who is doing Atkins?

Options
Hello My name is Melissa, I did atkins 4 years ago and lost 50lbs, I am now back to atkins (just started back up this week) I had a baby almost a year ago in May and gained 60 lbs that have not left my body yet..lol Carbs are an Enemy of mine and have tried all other diets before and Atkins is the ONLY thing that works for me. I am ready to get back to it and get healthy again, not to mention feel good about myself again. I also am getting married in October and of course wanna look good ;)

Just trying to see who else is doing atkins, maybe get some buddy's to keep each other on track :)

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You've done other diets, but have you tried counting calories?
  • Cjmjr
    Cjmjr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm doing a modified version of Atkins. Just completed the two-week induction phase and followed Atkins diet perfectly but only lost 3-4 pounds. So now, i'm cutting out some of the higher fat items and only eating very lean protein with salad and veggies.
  • melgirl1120
    melgirl1120 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You've done other diets, but have you tried counting calories?

Yes I have counted calories, even tried WW..My body loves carbs wayyyy too much
  • melgirl1120
    melgirl1120 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm doing a modified version of Atkins. Just completed the two-week induction phase and followed Atkins diet perfectly but only lost 3-4 pounds. So now, i'm cutting out some of the higher fat items and only eating very lean protein with salad and veggies.

Hello :)
    I eat a lot of protein and salad..Good Luck this week..
  • fishes305
    fishes305 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been on Atkins since January 12th and have lost 16 lbs. I love it I have no cravings and I'm rarely hungry. I have also tried so many other diets WW, counting calories, etc. I was always hungry and that made it hard to stick to it. Good luck, you can friend me if you like.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I just started a modified Atkins...It's done wonders so far! I don't think it's truly "Atkins" status, as I have grapefruit with every meal and usually have 100g or so of carbs a day...But I started Last Wednesday and I'm already down 8 pounds! I think eliminating processed sugars has made a HUGE difference. I've tried so many different things and I would lose weight but I would be miserable with hunger or I would just give up...This is the first plan I've followed that I actually enjoy and know I can maintain! I'm rarely hungry...I probably wouldn't even bother with lunch if I didn't know how important it was!
  • BullletproofPaleoman
    BullletproofPaleoman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been doing some version of lowcarb for almost 10 years. I've derailed several times, largely from smoking, then quitting, only to start again...I"ve been eating well since the first of the year, feeling great, and the weight is coming off.
    Like you, I've tried WW, counting cals, etc, but nothing else lifts my spirits and drops the fat like my own personalized version of Atkins.
    If you're a coffee drinker, I suggest you google Bulletproof Coffee. It has really helped me stay on track.

Best of luck to you!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am doing the low-carb plan. I stray sometimes on the weekends. I was thinking about trying the plan where you are in ketosis all week, working out with heavy weights during the week and then upping your carbs over the weekend.... Trying to stay within 40 grams of carbs but getting ready to start a full on Atkins diet..
  • jlsteele01
    jlsteele01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your body needs carbs to metabolize. Don't worry so much about the carbs, fat and sugar, just count the calories. It's the only thing that's going to work! Promise...