whats wrong?

medtrans79
medtrans79 Posts: 46
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been on MFP for a little while now and am wondering what is wrong with me? I am eating the daily allowed calories, sometimes under/sometimes over. Most days I am working out and again sometimes, depending on how hungry I feel, I will eat my exercise calories but most of the time I don't. But according to how I set up my profile I should be losing 2 pounds a week and I haven't lost anything in over 2 weeks. Any ideas?

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    I have stopped eating my exercise calories and try to stick to the minimum calories each day. Also I am going to try to burn 1,000 calories a day this week to see how that works for me.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Are you drinking your water? Watching your sodium? Exercising lots because you may be gaining muscle? Do you feel better about yourself? Healthier? These are the things that matter. If the number does not go down don't get discouraged. Just keep going and have faith in yourself :smile:

PS: eat some if not all of your exercise calories. Either a piece of cheese or a glass of milk :smile:
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    I would definitely check your sodium intake. When I started watching that, my weight decreased significantly. It could also be the types of food you are eating - if you are still eating fries, fried foods and that kind of food then you are probably retaining water with all of the sodium. I would look at eating some different types of foods - more veggies, fruits, whole grains. Definitely drink lots of water too! Good luck on your journey. Don't get discouraged.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    boy, I sure wish I had some good Ideas for you! What are you doing for your workout? Are you doing some weights too? Healthy muscle make a healthy metabolism. Also if you are gaining muscle that weighs more then fat so sometimes you may be gaining muscle and losing fat but not weight.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I have stopped eating my exercise calories and try to stick to the minimum calories each day. Also I am going to try to burn 1,000 calories a day this week to see how that works for me.

If you burn 1000 cals you will need to eat most of them, if you are already at a 1000 cal deficit (2 pounds/ week loss) then you will be at a 2000 caloric deficit, which may be okay for a day or 2 but not over any period of time, you would essentially be starving yourself. Please eat more if you are going to exercise like this.
  • Home6
    Home6 Posts: 208 Member
    I had been monitoring my weight even before I joined MFP and it seemed like I couldn't lose weight, no matter what I did. After reading a thread on the message boards about alcohol, I decided to cut out my nightly glass of wine and see what happened. I lost half a pound yesterday. I don't know if you are a drinker, but you might try that and see if it helps.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I have been on MFP for a little while now and am wondering what is wrong with me? I am eating the daily allowed calories, sometimes under/sometimes over. Most days I am working out and again sometimes, depending on how hungry I feel, I will eat my exercise calories but most of the time I don't. But according to how I set up my profile I should be losing 2 pounds a week and I haven't lost anything in over 2 weeks. Any ideas?

Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of going over your food diary for the last week or so.

GIRL??? :huh: Where's the fruit and veggies!!:noway: Might wanna lean toward more natural food and less processed as time goes on, not only are they healthier but give you tons of energy and they are a feeling good food!

A scale is only a tool, food is another, activity is another, tape measures ROCK! Loose clothes, high energy levels, better sleep, skin glowing from fresh water each day. Our bodies NEED water and they crave it.

Someone suggested you check the sodium, you could add that as a column it's always amazing how fast that sodium level can move up when we see how much certain food contain a ton of it.

Keep it up, you're here and you want to succeed, you're already in the right place for making changes! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    I checked out your food log. Try cutting down the amount of calories you eat at each meal. I try to keep my meals under 350/400 calories and my snacks around 100-200 calories. You are eating the majority of your calories between 3 meals. Try breaking up your meals into 6 smaller meals per day. Stick to more natural foods, fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean meats. Eat back your exercise calories, but chose foods that are nutritious. You'll see a difference.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I checked out your food log. Try cutting down the amount of calories you eat at each meal. I try to keep my meals under 350/400 calories and my snacks around 100-200 calories. You are eating the majority of your calories between 3 meals. Try breaking up your meals into 6 smaller meals per day. Stick to more natural foods, fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean meats. Eat back your exercise calories, but chose foods that are nutritious. You'll see a difference.

I agree, you are ingesting too much food at one time. Try spacing out your calories into 3-4 meals and 2-3 snacks. Try eating a total of 5-7 times per day.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    As everyone else has said, you need to spread out your cals....but they also need to be healthy cals. You can lose weight while eating junk and fast food but at what cost? Higher cholesterol? High blood pressure? Possible diabetes?
    Cut the junk out for one week and see how you feel.
    My food diary is public, feel free to check it out (I am a vegetarian though).
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member

I agree, you are ingesting too much food at one time. Try spacing out your calories into 3-4 meals and 2-3 snacks. Try eating a total of 5-7 times per day.

I agree 100%
  • Thanks everyone! I have a hard time with food because I am so picky. I hate vegetables! I just cannot eat them. I have added the sodium column and will keep an eye out for that and will try to adjust my meals. I was doing the P90 workout and have switched over to Turbo Jam. Borrowed a friends heart monitor this week so I could better measure my heart rate and calories burned. Thanks again :smile:
This discussion has been closed.