Trying to become healthier, losing wt would be nice

Options
I have been on a long slow journey to start eating healthier. slowly changing my habits and tastebuds onto new and healthier foods and activities. I started (again) last week logging my foods and found the fitbit this week which I will add to my daily tote-about. It has been slow (I couldn't radically change all at once cause I am a primary caregiver for my 90+ YO grandmother who is diabetic but she has taken my slow changes really well and is being supportive and adventurous (sprouts of all kinds was an adventure for her.) whole grain breads (whole grains in general) is the latest change and I finally made a great tasting whole grain bread that she likes... Yeah! My next thing down the road is a new cooking tool that will help with more freshly made foods (anyone heard of a Thermomix?)
Right now I am trying to reachout and connect with others that are quietly trying to change their lives for the better.
KyM

Replies

• rachellefitz
    Options
    I'm changing mine right now, I'm not sure what you mean by quietly but if you want to add me feel free!
  • voodoovette
    voodoovette Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Quietly: most of the people around me just think I am trying all kinds of interesting weird and down-right odd foodstuffs. And just shrug. My family, other than my Mawmaw, doesn't have a clue--but then I live in a different state 3 hours away from the rest of my family. Don't you just Love having to go where your job sends you (NOT). and quietly, mainly means that I am not in a rush... I want to find the things I will stick with, and not rush into something and then find I hate it. I want to find healthy foods that I like and activities that I can feel satisfied doing.
    I tried a few 'jump off the deep end' lifestyle changes to get healthier-eating, exercising, etc. but although I could get started in them fine, I found it hard sticking with them over the long haul when I got called away on business or travelled "home" and was around family for a week. old habits die hard I guess. but since I have started slowly delving into the "new" (healthier) foods and acitivities on an ongoing but less rigid basis, I have even been able to do them around my family and even have been joined once or twice (new grains, new recipe, yoga...) And the small steps are slowly invading my life...
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've taken my weight loss journey one step at a time and it has really been paying off. the more friends, the more motivation! feel free to add me! (: