Are Friend requests to strangers frowned upon?

Options
Weight Watchers has some really supportive groups for people who are in the same geographical area. Is it inappropriate to "find a friend" using zip code and make friend requests to people in your area?

Replies

• rachellefitz
    Options
    I never tried it but I think most people would be open to it. I've sent and received random requests for various reasons and I've appreciated all of them :) Feel free to add me if you like, even if im not in your zip code
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    People do it all the time. I have seen people ask people if they live in a certain city and want to be workout buddies. You may just want to see if there are any MFP'ers out there from your geographical area. People will respond, if they want to. As far as searching in a specific georgraphical area, people may be creeped out if they just receive a random friend request, but it's hard to say. Good luck!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    The worst thing that could happen is they turn you down. Everyone here is technically a stranger, right?
  • coacherik
    Options
    That is one way to make connections. Everyone is pretty friendly on here, should not be a problem!
  • runnergirl246
    runnergirl246 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I actually had the same question..... I am trying to build a community feeling on here to try build more support for my current weight loss journey....I don't know many people in my "real" life who use this site.....so I am relying on finding people in general who are willing to bring me into their weight loss support network....
  • nekyia1
    nekyia1 Posts: 2
    Options
    :smile: I may send a random request but that's only because my Facebook friends are not Mfp user's. I don't care what city or area your in I'm just looking for some motivation people to take this weight loss journey with me, I don't need a workout buddy just someone that shares the same interests.

60836005.png