2 things I can't give up

Options
rb32497
rb32497 Posts: 16 Member
Every one has a couple of things no matter what they will never give up. My two things are Hot wings and beer. No matter what happens to me I have to have my beer and hot wings. Somedays I consume more liquid calories from beer than I do in the whole day from food. My way to conter act that is to stop other things. For example I haven't had a soda in 6 yrs now. That makes me feel like its ok for me to drink beer sometimes. I also try to watch what I eat a couple day a week so I can pig out at grandmas on sunday's and eat my hot wings when I go out. These are two things I could not live without. What are the things you can't live without?

Replies

• jj_22_uk2002
    Options
    a pizza or takeout at some time ( i havent got much money so not often lately ) but a friend is round for dinner, pizza this weekend cant wait

and coffee !
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    My items have changed. I used to never say no to fries when we'd go out to dinner. Now they just aren't appetizing anymore. If we're talking indulgences I have to give into eating a chocolate chip cookie now and then... and tacos! I love tacos!

and I definitely can't live without having cottage cheese in my fridge. =)
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You mean I have to give up things?! :o)

But the ONE thing I refuse to give up, no matter what anyone says... is diet soda. I love diet soda like a fat kid loves cake.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i can't give up chewing gum and candy. i know all the sugar substitutes and added sugar is horrible, but most days i indulge in a tiny piece of candy and multiple pieces of sugar-free gum. a piece of candy is my dessert and gum keeps me from night snacking!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    A few months ago, my answer wouldve been my fave Chinese buffet and Pizza!

Today, neither of those are appetizing.

So...for right now Id say....Cheddar Cheese - I have 1oz every day on my breakfast bagel and my Chocolate Chip Granola Bars.
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter!
  • rb32497
    Options
    I'm with you lvfunandfit on the fries. I u hardly ever eat them anymore. When I eat out I usually opt for a different saide item instead of the traditional french fries. I usually get brocholi or something like that. Then I don't feel like the burger is as bad for me.
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    I used to think I could never live without chinese food, but I didn't have any for about 7 weeks when I first started my new lifestyle and found that when I had a chinese meal I didn't enjoy it all that much. I have had it 4 times now and didnt get that "mmmmm" sensation that I used to get!

I thought I was addicted, but I think it was a habit. It had become something we did every saturday night while watching The X-Factor (UK programme similar to American Idol) once the series ended, I stopped eating it and have no intention to start again when the next one starts :)

I don't think I could ever cut out potato chips completely, I don't have them very often at all, but I much prefer them to sweets or chocolate. And also diet soda, don't have it often but sometimes when its hot outside, I am feeling sick or am hungover, it's the only thing that hits the spot :)
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Liquor and liquor! I've brought my consumption down tremendously, but still have my "once-in-a-whiles" to get plastered!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I used to be unable to cope if there was no diet soda in the house but I basically quit it cold turkey (now I can scarcely drink it because it tastes foreign to me). Now, my "vices" are Chinese food (full of sodium and fat, but I only go once a month and I do an extra kick-butt workout that day) and the occasional vodka and OJ.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Liquor and liquor! I've brought my consumption down tremendously, but still have my "once-in-a-whiles" to get plastered!

Amen! I don't drink near as much as I used to- the hangovers whoop my butt and I always spend 2 days recovering.
  • TheOriginalDiggum
    Options
    We are in the same boat. For me, it's any chicken and beer. I know I eat way too much chicken and I have not stop drinking my brew since day one of fitnesspal. Good post...it's nice to know someone is in the same boat...thanks.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Sweets! Chocolate, candy, ice cream...you name it! I've been slightly over-indulging lately, so I'm trying to cut back...but I've yet to go over my calories once since I joined MFP.

Everything in moderation is the key :)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    There's nothing I've sworn to give up!
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with drinking. I drink no where close to how much I did in college, but when I drink, I DRINK. Went out for a friend's bridal shower this weekend. I had told myself I wasn't going to drink Friday, only Saturday, but yeaaaa... that didn' work outt. Only 3 beers that night. Now Saturday.. that was a different story. I don't even want to think about how much a drank that day.
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    Things I gave up....soda and chocolate. Then I gave up fatty breads and sweet tea. Then I gave up greasy chips and preprocessed foods. Then I gave up ice cream and sweet sugary cereals.
  • rb32497
    Options
    A few of you have commented on the alcohol part. This might help. These are numbers for each 6 pack. I generally drink way more than 6 at a time but this gives you an idea. As you can see bud 55 is a much better choice if you are looking for qaunity of beer. So I like to drink it when i sit around the house and grill out. Bush Light is my normal beer though. On tuesdays a local place here has blue moon on special and it is nothing for me to eat a small pizza and consume 12 blue moons there. I have got to better on those days. Oh yeah be sure and notice Bud light is pretty high for a domestic beer.

6 packs of each beer
    Michelob Ultra, 570 cal
    Miller Lite - 576 cal
    Bud Light - 660 cal
    Coors Light 612 cal
    Bush Light - 570 cal
    bud select 55- 330 cal
    Blue moon- 1026 cal
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    As you can see bud 55 is a much better choice if you are looking for qaunity of beer.

yea... 55 calories, but the alcohol is only like 2.2% so I'd wind up getting mad b/c it would take me longer to get drunk and I'd spend more money. :mad:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Coffee. I refuse to give up coffee. Granted I rarely drink the Starbuckish stuff, but still. No freakin' way man.

Iced tea. Doesn't have to be sweetened, but that is another one.

AS for food...hmmm....I don't think I could stop eating pizza or cheeseburgers. Granted I rarely eat cheeseburgers anymore and I make my own pizza at home that we like so much we rarely eat it out, but still. Those would be my things.

OH. ICECREAM...That it is! That is my one thing aside from coffee that I could not live without really. Yeah...icecream.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I like the Miller Chelada beers if I am going for a "cheapy" beer. Otherwise I say screw calories and go straight for microbrews. That is on the rare occasions that I want beer though. No skimping during those times lol.