Sorta new, need help logging exercise!

Options
Hi! I've been a member here for awhile but only recently got serious and am checking in and logging everything. I've been doing mostly cardio work outs from DVDs, this week has been "Turbo Jam", it's an older set of dvds that I acquired and love them. The one I did today was a 30 min strength building one with a resistance band. So I am trying to log it into my exercise diary under strength training but am not finding an easy way to do it. Do I need to go through it and count the reps and log each exercise in the dvd separately? How do you do something like this? Any advice appreciated!

Replies

• Wjolaughlin
    Wjolaughlin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    found "strength training" in the cardio section. I just added that to my log. Is that right?
  • marqcutie80
    marqcutie80 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That is how I do mine. You can put each separate exercise below it just for your own notes, but it will not calculate individual rep calories burned. I'm not sure how accurate the MFP calorie count is for strength training but haven't found anything better yet.

You can also use "aerobics" for your workout DVDs if they don't have them in the database individually. Not sure if Turbo Jam is in there or not.
  • Wjolaughlin
    Wjolaughlin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I understand that these numbers won't always be accurate. I always under report the minutes I've worked out to try to compensate for that. One day I'll get a heart rate monitor.