Anyone with a physical challenge?

Options
2»

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Put me in this category also. I have MS and I have a lot of fatugue with it. Also with MS heat makes it worse, temporary. so any kind of exercise is difficult. Waht I find I can do is wlak short distances. Going about .2 - .3 miles a t time I can get in about .6 miles. I also can get in the pool at the Y and do silver sneakers water aerobics but I guess I am to lazy to get there when they have the swim classes.
  • ACIC
    ACIC Posts: 7
    Options
    I have sever arthritis in my left knee but I am determined to loose the weight, I've been on the treadmill for the last couple of workouts and when I finish I'm in a bit of pain. But I really enjoy working out so I"m going to use the stationary bike for cardio exercise.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you could say I do.

I have a very rare genetic bone disease called Congenital Multiple Osteochondromatosis or Hereditary Multiple Exostoses (yes, it has 2 names). I have bone and cartilage tumors on every joint in my body and most of my bones are shaped funny. My tumors have ranged from tiny to grapefruit sized (the largest have been removed). From 3 years old, I've had multiple orthopedic surgeries, most of which left me in worse shape than before the surgery. I used it as an excuse my entire life to not be in shape.

I'm not using it as an excuse anymore.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yup....a-fib with arthritis in the knees.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Torn rotator cuff last year and now tendonitis has set in there which can be just as painful as the tear sometimes. I am working out with light weights and that seems to help. I did do 3 months of PT. I had lost all muscle and strength in my injured arm, but it is getting better but may never be back to 100%. The other shoulder is now showing signs of tendonitis, though I haven't done an mri on that one. I will probably have to do strength training or resistance bands the rest of my life to help keep the pain somewhat manageable. I also have arthritis in my elbows.
  • DeeW99
    DeeW99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too have severe arthritis in the facets down my back, in my hips, pelvis and knees. I also have spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease in the L4 and L5 along with fibromylgia. I get flareups one of which I am in right now. I was walking with a walker but now I am using a cane. It hurts bad to walk. I can't use a stationary bike due to arthritis in my tailbone (seat hurts big time then I can't sit) plus it makes my hip worse. I have tried physio but they suggested hydrotherapy which I did for 8 weeks but ended up in worse shape. I have visited a chiropractor which helped a tiny bit. I am now trying acupuncture and after one visit I have a tiny bit more mobility so I am hopeful this will help.
    I find it frustrating to not be able to do what I used to just 4 months ago. I am hoping I can get back to that at least. I am about 100 lbs. overweight so the surgeon will not touch my hip or knee joints until I lose weight. I am slowly working on that. Down 23 lbs in the last couple months so hopefully I can keep it going.
    It is nice to know I'm not alone. It's hard for people who feel okay to understand the ongoing non-stop pain a person can be in and still try to do day to day activities.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My current physical limitations include arthritis and neuropathy that cause a lot of pain that is somewhat tolerable with a ton of medications. I also have coronary artery disease and have had to have 5 arteries bypassed in my heart. I have diabetes and have balance problems due to the neuropathy and nerves accidentally cut when they harvested a vein for my bypass surgery. Those are just a few of my complications for working out, but I am determined to lose this wt. and get as healthy as I can. Please feel free to add me.
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Severe Plantar fasciitis in my right foot. No heavy impact exercise like running or jogging.