Which ones better.. Losing weight or Inches?

2»

Replies

• jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Inches all the way!!! We rely on the scale too much and it really is deceiving. Inches are what matter. Ultimately it's the loss of inches that are going to get us into smaller clothes, etc. My suggestion...lose the scale!
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Inches, baby. Let's be honest, it's all about the vanity, right? We want to look good and have people notice us (and be healthy, strong, blah blah). If you're 150 and look like a turd, well, congrats on being 150 but... However if you're 175 and look amazeballs, then mission accomplished! It has taken me sooo long to wrap my head around this, but has been worth the re-training of my mind. I still weigh myself, and sometimes still get all undone about the numbers until I remind myself of all the awesome benefits that have come with me being stronger and healthier, and remind myself that I can fit into 5/6 jeans at 150 lbs. when previously at this weight was a size 10. I might be older now, but I look a hell of a lot better wearing a 5/6 at the same weight.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Inches.

Been busting my butt since the start of the year only lost 5 pounds but the inches are dropping big time. Need to buy a belt to hold my work pants up lol.

Throw those scales away and say hello to a tape measure
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    "I simply don't think it's worth worrying about what your weight should be. Rather, worry about what your health, functionality, performance, and physique should be. Weight will settle where it needs to be once those things are optimized."
    - Steve Troutman

Excellent quote
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Inches, duh...who cares about a number on a scale???
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
    inches most definitely! id rather be like 125 and toned and skinny than 100 and flabby
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Inches over lbs any day ! People still don't believe me when I tell them my weight :)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    For me its inches...the way my clothes fit. I have a few metabolic syndromes..so the number fluctuates like a mad person..so I hid it..and rely on the measuring tape..
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Losing inches is better! But it's hard to intentionally lose inches without losing weight. Eat & lift weight with a slight deficit is about the only advice I know to give.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Inches. Going by the scale is lame.