Juicing

Options
Does anyone do juicing? Just bought a juicer!! Super excited!

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot about juicing but don't think I would do it. At least not for meals. IF I have a juicer I definately would use it to replace drinking a cup of store bought juice. I've heard many people drinking juice for a meal but personally there would be too much protein and fiber lacking to replace a meal.
  • teaelcee
    Options
    I have a juicer and I love it for getting in extra veggies (and some fruits). I keep it on the counter so I use it nearly every day. My favorite book for juicing is Super Juice: Juicing for Health and Healing.
  • Spadowski
    Options
    DH and I have an Omega juicer and we'll buy a crate of oranges from Costco and juice a bunch of them for our weekend brunches together. It's been over a year since we bought OJ from the grocery store. Nothing compares to fresh squeezed juice, full of living enzymes and nutrients!

I also am a huge fan of beet, carrot, celery, garlic and parsley juice. It's got an earthy flavor that I adore. Still, if I had to pick between my Omega and my Vitamix, I'd take the blender (for the fiber).
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    " full of living enzymes"

Just for your information enzymes are not and can never be alive. They are substances (usually proteins) that the body uses as catalysts in biological reactions

American Heritage Dictionary:
    en·zyme

Home > Library > Literature & Language > Dictionary
    (ĕn'zīm)
    n.
    Any of numerous proteins or conjugated proteins produced by living organisms and functioning as biochemical catalysts.

[German Enzym, from Medieval Greek enzūmos, leavened : Greek en-, in; see en-2 + Greek zūmē, leaven, yeast.]
    enzymatic en'zy·mat'ic (-zə-măt'ĭk) or en·zy'mic (-zī'mĭk, -zĭm'ĭk) adj.
    enzymatically en'zy·mat'i·cal·ly or en·zy'mi·cal·ly adv.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/enzyme#ixzz2METGEZ4v
  • Spadowski
    Options
    Oh, I mean ACTIVE enzymes. Sheesh. :huh: