How to safely up my calories

jamie31
jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So i had a previous post on here about a problem I had of going under my calorie goals by ALOT! I have a very active lifestyle and according to MFP I should be eating anywhere from 2500-4000 calories a day! Needless to say I have not been hitting this goal. I seem to nornally get about 1400 calories a day which is still low for my base calories (1710). I have stopped losing weight and have even noticed a slight gain the past couple weeks. I realize that my body is most likely in a starvation mode and that I should up my calories. Is there a healthy way that I should up my calories? I dont want to up it too much in the very beginning. Any suggestions would help!

Replies

• eat more food. eat more veggies, eat more fruit, eat more meat.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Eat some higher calorie healthy foods like nuts, peanut butter, guacamole, bagels....
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Consider doing it systematically.

Add another 50-100calories to your day and maintain that new level for a week and then do it again

that means first of all you won't be eating either tonnes of food or bad food to make the numbers, that you'll learn how to incorporate it into your day and so that you'll be abel to tell if you go over maintenance and start eating too much before things go bad.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.